Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Knock knock, who's there

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And if you want to go 1 step further you get their housing that accepts the brace kit.

Check out lpwracing.

The brace kit would probably interfere with the shocks and sway bar. That's the only reason I haven't done the braces yet.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Now that's nice. Does TA Performance offer something like this? They finally decided to make a cover for the 9.25 Dodge that I'm getting... brace kit would be cool.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went ahead and got the one from thunder and the main cap set as well. Ugh.$ Thank goodness cody donated to the fix **** fund.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn bro. There you go breaking things and blaming it on a puny little shot of nitrous. Why would you want to do that?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Notorious BIG

good job dewey, back to driving the mini van again huh?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Ya Dewey, you pimp that minivan.....

For some reason I visualize him in front of the local high school doing a Ebrake burn out in the front wheel drive minivan.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would only go with OEM AAM gears as well, but that's me.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:21 PM

I am driving a van alright, FORD E250, 1999.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 AM

I get mixed opinions on the OEM's being stronger, but...interesting enough, if you do a forum search for broken gears on a few forums, I found that hardly any one reports broken stock gears. Stock g80's and such but not gears. This may be cuz most on these forums with HP change gears out all the time so it may be a simple deduction that there are more after market gears being subjected to HP than stock gears.

Anyhoot...HUGE HELL YEAH to Torque_Wrench for setting me up with a supplier who gave me IMO a kick *** price on a set of OEM's. So I got the heavy duty cover and OEM gears and I'll give her another try. Jesus, the money in broken **** I have put into this pig makes me wanna vomit. I could of bought a Z06 long ago.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I get mixed opinions on the OEM's being stronger, but...interesting enough, if you do a forum search for broken gears on a few forums, I found that hardly any one reports broken stock gears. Stock g80's and such but not gears. This may be cuz most on these forums with HP change gears out all the time so it may be a simple deduction that there are more after market gears being subjected to HP than stock gears.

Anyhoot...HUGE HELL YEAH to Torque_Wrench for setting me up with a supplier who gave me IMO a kick *** price on a set of OEM's. So I got the heavy duty cover and OEM gears and I'll give her another try. Jesus, the money in broken **** I have put into this pig makes me wanna vomit. I could of bought a Z06 long ago.
..thanx Dewmanshu....I'm glad my guy hooked you up!! He get ALL of my business. Dewy, if you need anything else.....just give me a shout. By the way, if you need some paperwork on the backlash and crush torque and stuff to do your repair, just yell. I can email it or mail it to you. It's pretty good info.

Quick Reply: Knock knock, who's there