Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

just got the transgo and servo put on

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Holy crap! 3 washers is for a track tranny not daily driving. Remove them all or at least 2. Drive around a week or so and see if you get to like it. Then adjust from there.
3 washers is for a vehicle with a 4500 stall or something like that. Must be fun to drive.

Better have your mouthpiece in and your kidney guard on.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just the 1-2 shift is really hard on regular throttle 2-3 shift and on are normal
1/2 throttle it barks the tires
at full throttle it shifts good and barks the tires

so will 3 washers harm the stock tranny
Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slammed1500
just the 1-2 shift is really hard on regular throttle 2-3 shift and on are normal
1/2 throttle it barks the tires
at full throttle it shifts good and barks the tires

so will 3 washers harm the stock tranny
If you're barking the tires at WOT you're probably doing damage. Might be on the verge of breaking your input shaft and/or some other hard parts.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Naked AV
If you're barking the tires at WOT you're probably doing damage. Might be on the verge of breaking your input shaft and/or some other hard parts.
Your stock tranny has about 30 days to live in this condition. Ok, I just made that up but it is doing damage if its shifting that hard at WOT.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

really the trans guy said it will be ok
thats not good
im going 2 give him a call
Old 11-30-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Your stock tranny has about 30 days to live in this condition. Ok, I just made that up but it is doing damage if its shifting that hard at WOT.
lol this sucks
Old 11-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Think about it. All the TQ created by the engine is traveling through your driveline. The tires a breaking loose releasing some of the TQ that would probably hurt your tranny. The rest is getting distributed throughout the driveline. Tranny output shaft, driveshaft, gears etc...all those metal parts getting stressed over and over are bound to break. Sticky tires would be the end of the tranny, they wouldn't break loose and the stress would all go to the output shaft or some other hard part. This is just my theory, ask your tranny guy why he thinks these parts arent getting stressed. If you had a WELL built 60E or an 80e I'd say hell yea! Bark away. But a stock 60E won't take it.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

If my tranny guy told me barking tires at WOT was a good idea I'd be looking for a new tranny guy.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If my tranny guy told me barking tires at WOT was a good idea I'd be looking for a new tranny guy.
Barking the tires a little is not bad and is also a good sign of good line pressure and everything is workig correctly but barking the tires at 1/2 throttle is NOT good. It should only bark the tires at WOT. Get them to leave one washer in it. 3 washers will snap an input shaft, output shaft, front or rear planetarie or crack the sungear shell. Violent shifts are BAD.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM
9 Second Club

That's what it's supposed to do. If i put a shift kit in and it DIDN'T bark, I would be pissed. The whole purpose of a shift kit to make the shift quicker and firmer. It might be setup TOO firm, just use one washer.

Quick Reply: just got the transgo and servo put on