Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

I'm baaaack.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default I'm baaaack.......

Back from my cross country jaunt, that is. After just dropping the truck I believe everything is 'settled' in but, I did experience a noticeable vibration thru the steering wheel which I believe is the transferthru the Red Energy Suspension control arm bushings. Concerns I have is the bumpsteer experinced when sailing over over pass whoops. Seems as though I'm bottoming out on the shocks in the rear and want to say that I have no more extension(droop) in the front. It was especially precarious in a curve in the hwy with some whoop de doos. Anyone else experienced anything like this? The truck is sittineg at 33 1/4" all around. Also- the outer edges of the tire are cupping/ digging in excessively at not even full lock. Anything I should look at regarding these issues? remove shocks for an evaluation run(I'm gonna do that)?
Any input and advise greatly apreciated

Old 09-02-2017, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Is the alignment right? Around here in NY nobody wants to mess with a lowered truck. They will take your money and tell you its good, if they even touch it but that doesn't mean it's right.

Did you replace the shocks with drop shocks?
Old 09-03-2017, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Haven't gotten new shocks yet as I'm trying to get everything else right; elevation etc. Had it aligned after I put everything on spot on. Then it drove squirrelly I think because it was sitting on the bump stops, that was 32 7/8" fender height. So I shaved'em and did some t- bar cranking as I broke a bolt and the weird thing is, it seems to ride better up around 34" but always settles back down to 33 1/4" where things get all squirrelly again. Any insight, guys..... TIA

P.S. Thanks Feed- I cranked the T-bars all the way up and it's settled at 34" and feels good. I'm currently going back to spring over axle on the rear w/o blocks and see how that looks. BTW I have shock re locators, found out that the rear was binding as bolts were over tightened a bit, that's why the jarring expansion joint feel..........

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 09-06-2017 at 03:53 PM.