Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Goodbye leaf springs!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Bigger is better!

I can't believe that only costs one dollar! But seriously what size is that, it looks massive. I wonder what it would drive like without the panhard bar? The links are at such an angle it might not be bad without it. Very nice build by the way.
looks like ballistic fabs 2.63" poly joint....becareful when dealing with ballistic fab do a search on them and you'll see alot of bad things
Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

very nice, but why coil overs instead of bags?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:19 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRover
very nice, but why coil overs instead of bags?
What benefit do you think bags would have over coil overs? I think bags would be terrible for road course use personally, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spoolin
What benefit do you think bags would have over coil overs? I think bags would be terrible for road course use personally, but I could be wrong.
I agree...
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Yeah ! What he said ! Ever seen a race car with air bags ?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Have you had a chance to test out how this style of suspension launches at the drag strip yet?

I've been talking to a company about doing a similar setup on my truck.

Wondering if I will notice any difference at the drag strip over leaf springs and cal-tracs..

Or is the gain with this style suspension to be had in a road course environment only?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome!
It does look very similar to a lowered 67-72 c-10, now that it was mentioned!

And wow, a free suspension set-up out back, damn.... I've been wanting to link mine for so long now.
Any chance your friends want some other friends?? I can supply plenty of beer for a set-up like that, haha

So just curious, any particular reason to do it like that vs. a 4-link? I'm interested in maybe trying out some Solo's sometime in the near future with my truck too.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Reviving this from the dead sorry, but, being that I'm sure you've lived with it for a while now was wondering if you had any further thoughts? Anything else you would do different? Totally happy as is?
I was literally planning to do the same thing to my truck and was wondering if anyone had done it to theirs. My main goal is handling not drag racing.
Also, seeing that it's based of the nascar truck arm set up, how has it held up being ladder bar type arms? Everything I've read up on those set ups says the bars are designed to twist to prevent binding. Hence why the factory ones look like I beams. No durability issues over the past couple years?
Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you
Old 10-05-2014, 11:57 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Looks awesome!
It does look very similar to a lowered 67-72 c-10, now that it was mentioned!

And wow, a free suspension set-up out back, damn.... I've been wanting to link mine for so long now.
Any chance your friends want some other friends?? I can supply plenty of beer for a set-up like that, haha

So just curious, any particular reason to do it like that vs. a 4-link? I'm interested in maybe trying out some Solo's sometime in the near future with my truck too.
I'm sure a 4-link has it's benefits but my retarded *** has exhaust going out the side of the truck where the 4-link would ideally have to be set-up so...

Originally Posted by bottledbird68
Reviving this from the dead sorry, but, being that I'm sure you've lived with it for a while now was wondering if you had any further thoughts? Anything else you would do different? Totally happy as is?
I was literally planning to do the same thing to my truck and was wondering if anyone had done it to theirs. My main goal is handling not drag racing.
Also, seeing that it's based of the nascar truck arm set up, how has it held up being ladder bar type arms? Everything I've read up on those set ups says the bars are designed to twist to prevent binding. Hence why the factory ones look like I beams. No durability issues over the past couple years?
Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you
To be honest, I haven't driven in much in the last couple years, and by much I mean no more than 50 miles. My friend Jake would be better off answering this question as he probably put a couple hundred miles on it as well as doing some launches on the street. The tires were worthless though so I really can't imagine the suspension ever getting tested as it otherwise would with slicks.

Truck's been sitting in storage for the last 2 years, however things might be different this coming year if I get my living situation sorted out.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well fair enough then lol. Thank you for the reply