Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

FLT Level7 is finally here!! **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sureshot
Looks exactly like mine did minus the billet input shaft. The FLT trannies are pretty! Damn man, that would suck to do the install in the parkind lot, but it will pay off in the end! Good luck and enjoy.
Thanks brother!

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
WOW this is sweet! so this is what I will need for my 4x4 LS1? Man I cant wait to hear results on this thing, looks like you have been collecting parts for some time now!
Thanks man...I think that you'd need one of these, or maybe a FLT 80E from the way your build was looking from what I remember in your thread in the internal section.

I've been picking up parts as money allowed over the last 18 months, but a lot of it came together over the last 6 months...long story but I'm kinda under the gun to get the truck together to get it out of where I currently live since I have to move at the end of June
Old 05-21-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck with the install
Old 05-21-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck...... man i hate doing 2wd transmissions.... much less a 4wd.... i went the cheap route... i got an 80e from a junk yard.... sucker shifts like a champ though!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:40 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Thanks guys...I'm hoping that the slip fits on the y-pipe come apart easily...
Old 05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Thanks guys...I'm hoping that the slip fits on the y-pipe come apart easily...
The slip fits with my old pacesetters wouldn't come off for anything.. I used the u clamps that come with them.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I was making 300 rwhp lol...I may just be touching 300...the trans is intended for my future set up, which includes a head and cam LQ9 I've had the block and a set of WCCH StageII 317's for years now, and was on a good pace with acquiring parts to get it all together until I became a daddy and my fun money became day care money...and Zhu Zhu Pets are expensive lol. Took my blown trans as an opportunity to beef up the driveline now so I don't have to do it again later
I feel your pain with the daddy stuff lol, I'm on the same boat: I scored a Roush tvs1900 a few weeks ago and now I have to wait to install it as I'm sure the stock tranny is not going to like it

Nice parts by the way!!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:35 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

All that stuff looks like junk. Keep the 4wd output shaft, and send me all that other crap. Ill pull my top of the line stuff, as we all know GM factory parts are the best there is, and Ill swap you, ONLY because when I was first getting into this game good, you are who started the ball rolling convincing me to do my first cam swap.
Im now trying to return the favor and save your truck from all that junk!!!

Im split between a FLT level 3 80e, and the.......well lets just say another 80. Im leaning to the FLT due to the GREAT customer service, but I dont have an 80 core. Also, I just noticed you got some cool FLT stickers and a shirt I must be on the **** list The hell with FLT!!! LOL J/K Vince

Let me know how you like that converter Im looking into taking my time with the 6l/80 swap, and may do a little something with the 4.8. Something that will require a little more converter than I have now

BTW, get a LOT of beer, COLD pulling a transmission sucks, pulling a 4wd transmission sucks way worser, and pulling a 4wd transmission on asphalt has got to be even worserer than that!!

Good luck with the swap. Id offer to help, but dont want a hand putting that crap in your truck
Old 05-22-2010, 06:41 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

LOL guys, wish I had the time to give ya's proper replies with multi-quotes and all, but I have to get to work...kinda dark outside, looks like rain, wtf? F*%k it, I'm going for it

White, I'd send you this stuff and swap you for your stocker, but I have to get it done asap Damn, I was really hoping for a stock GM output shaft to disintegrate too
Old 05-22-2010, 06:51 AM
TECH Resident

Nice. take pics while you are installing it in the parking lot. I hate doing stuff like that in parking lots. Actually I hate doing stuff like that at all.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

LOL, thanks guys....

yea, I definitely need someone working the camera...tough to take pics when your hands are covered in grease and atf...lol
Have you seen my pic's? How do think those were taken?

Seriously if I were you I would get some cardboard to lay on. That asphalt is going to give you road rash by the time you are done!

I appreciate some of the posts in this thread and will do some multi/fastnblue quotes later if I get some time. Have to get the shop to help a buddy out with some transmission dyno time today. Damn rookies!

Have fun Billy. If you need anything shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you asap. Vince

Quick Reply: FLT Level7 is finally here!! **PICS**