Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Dropped My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone on here used stock shocks up front with a 4" drop? i was looking at them today and the feel like there alot stiffer then my stupid nitro drop shocks
Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I had the stock shocks with my DJM arms, they were good for about one year, then I had to get the DJM's. Over time they seemed more and more bouncy. I almost wrecked my truck on an on ramp when I hit a bump, the rebound nearly sent me into the next lane. The next day I got new shocks. With the DJM arms, some people say you get some bumpsteer. I don't have very much of that after getting the alignment fixed, but the rebounding with the old stock shocks was getting bad.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chevytruckguy
When I had the stock shocks with my DJM arms, they were good for about one year, then I had to get the DJM's. Over time they seemed more and more bouncy. I almost wrecked my truck on an on ramp when I hit a bump, the rebound nearly sent me into the next lane. The next day I got new shocks. With the DJM arms, some people say you get some bumpsteer. I don't have very much of that after getting the alignment fixed, but the rebounding with the old stock shocks was getting bad.
havent had any bumpsteer hope i never do.. i felt my stock shocks in the garage and they felt alot stiffer then the nitro drop2s i have on there now so i was just thinking if it would a good temporary replacement for the soft nitros
Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

They'll work fine until you get some you like. I found that part number for the belltech alignment cams. Its #4951, and its listed as: ALIGNMENT KIT99-08 TRUCK/SUV 1-DEG CAMS.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Launching!

thanks for the find chevytruckguy

speaking of alignments heres the copy the guy gave me when i had mine realigned. im assuming that the first graph is before and the second is after, does anyone know how to read this or explain what it all means?

Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

I can feel that rub from here! At least you're tuckin' so that makes up for the rub.
Sweet truck
Old 07-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Iraq Sucks
I can feel that rub from here! At least you're tuckin' so that makes up for the rub.
Sweet truck
yea truck is sitting damn low for a 4/6 looks almost like a 5/6.. its been about a week and a half with the drop on and the rubbing is really pissing me off i'm almost positive im gonna raise it up to a 3/5 then maybe right after i might put my wheels on
Old 07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Launching!

I took the time today to swap my "Nitro Drop 2" shocks out for my stock ones which seem to be stiffer. i havent driven it much yet so ill let you guys know if it made a difference. couldnt make anything worse thats for sure
Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Doetsch Tech shocks FTW they are really good.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Launching!

alot of people seem to be fans of Doetsch im gonna have to give them a call and see what they can do for me

Quick Reply: Dropped My Truck