Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

custom trans cooler lines *pics*

Old 03-19-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default custom trans cooler lines *pics*

Well, I drove up to VA the weekend before last to help a buddy (silver-mod-o) once again install another trans. This time with his new converter, SS3600, new larger trans cooler, and these awesome braided steel lines wrapped in nylon. They are so sweet I'm having them cloned for my truck. Very high quality stuff and the fittings he used worked great also.

Here's a few shots of the lines and the cooler. No professional photography here just some quick shots of the goods.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Bro... I wish we would have gotten more but its all good.. I wanted some while it was on the lift of the routing etc etc... it turned out to be a nice install... sure does keep it cool. Thanks again for coming up... looks like now I have a motor swap on my hands to help out with.

04SVT (Pete) Thanks again man for hooking me up with these hoses, it made everything go so much better this time around.

Chuck, Vince.. ya'll have a PM gents... Thanks again. I cant say enough great words about you guys...

Yank Racing... well... as always, prrof is in the pudding... and even though the longevity of this particular converter hasnt been really tested to my knowledge in a truck. I'm willing to bet I wont have any problems out of it... its running like a beast... Thanks again Dave!!!

now all I need is to get this thing tuned.... and get some spray back in this bitch....
Old 03-19-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Thanks Bro... I wish we would have gotten more but its all good.. I wanted some while it was on the lift of the routing etc etc... it turned out to be a nice install... sure does keep it cool. Thanks again for coming up... looks like now I have a motor swap on my hands to help out with.

now all I need is to get this thing tuned.... and get some spray back in this bitch....
No prob, it was fun... besides that's what we do

You know, you may as well bring it to RPM while you're here for the engine swap. I may be taking the TBSS up there in 2 weeks
Old 03-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Saddle RIdge was definitely a good time LOL...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sweet! Got any more specs on the line that y'all used?

Also, what servo cover is that?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kenny C
Looks sweet! Got any more specs on the line that y'all used?

Also, what servo cover is that?
We both run a FLT level 5 with the sonnax servo upgrade. So that's a sonnax servo.

As far as specs on the line what I know is that it's an aircraft hose made of braided stailnless steel with nlon sleeve. He may have more detail for you on that as he knows the guy who made them.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Thanks man... its not a cover though, its a Sonnax Servo from FLT... it was installed by them in their trans prior to me recieving it. its a very nice upgrade. the hose is -6AN rated up to ~3500PSI... more than I'll ever throw at it. the adapters in the case were also installed by FLT and I got the 45* swivels here locally and put the hoses onto them... I uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times once it was in the truck to make sure everything was in correctly and not hitting/rubbing anything that could harm it... I can honestly say though... the hoses are a PITA to get tightened up if you dont have a good assortment of wrenches...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:41 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the looks of those cooler lines, very nice. Keep us updated on how they hold up
Old 03-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Thanks man... its not a cover though, its a Sonnax Servo from FLT... it was installed by them in their trans prior to me recieving it. its a very nice upgrade.
I figured you upgrade the servo...I just didn't know that sonnax billet servo (assuming that's what it is) looked any different on the outside of the case.

You wouldn't ever see it with the heat shroud in place, but it still looks pretty sweet
Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 AM
11 Second Truck Club

oh yeah!
using some gov line for the pov! that's how you do it!
ban

looks great bro. bet it get's the job done! what was wrong with your stock lines?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: custom trans cooler lines *pics*