PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Drivetrain & Suspension (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/)
-   -   Circle D Converter First Impression (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/circle-d-converter-first-impression-508311/)

Velocity1 09-27-2012 12:51 PM

Circle D Converter First Impression

I installed the 278mm, 3-3200 in my 4L60E. Trans has the HD2 kit and Oregon Perf. billet servos in it along with TruCool 40k cooler. I haven't run it hard yet as it's still in the break-in period.

Hard to believe how far converter technology has come! Quite impressive I might say! Kudos to Chris at CD who made the recommendation. You nailed it!

Truck is a 2000 Silverado ECSB 5.3 4x4 currently running the stock tune with 4.56's and 34" tires. I'm going to do some data logging and adjust the LFT's for efficiency before I reinstall my Predator performance tune.

Other than WOW!!! I feel like putting a line lock on this thing would be cool, LMAO!!

Has made my truck everything it should have been from the factory.

Satisfied Customer....:burnout:

TXsilverado 09-27-2012 01:11 PM

break in procedure? WTF is that? how can you be satisfied before standing on top of it? tripple check the fluids and let er rip.

nonnieselman 09-27-2012 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by TXsilverado (Post 4997896)
break in procedure? WTF is that? how can you be satisfied before standing on top of it? tripple check the fluids and let er rip.

:jest:
If the fluid is up to temp and the level is right.. its WOT time!!
First thing i did was a 0-100 pull and a burnout.. :dewey:

Velocity1 09-27-2012 01:34 PM

LMAO!! My thinking exactly!! But I swear for the life of me, I can't locat the pamphlet that came wiht the converter right now, but I swear I remember reading in "the library" that CD recommended 150 mile break in period?? I thought it had something to do with the lockup clutch linings/surfaces mating...maybe I'm confused. Tell me I'm wrong.
V1

nonnieselman 09-27-2012 01:44 PM

I hope its not locking up at WOT anyway..

nonnieselman 09-27-2012 01:45 PM

but then again.. stock 4L60E tune has the converter locking up in 3rd WOT ..

TXsilverado 09-27-2012 03:12 PM

why get the tripple disk if you dont plan on locking in 3rd? the lock up on a circle d tripple disk feels like another gear. it locks quick and firm. feels awesome.

jvoisel 09-27-2012 03:30 PM

I had same converter, loved it! I installed it and drove around the block twice, checked fluid and left some nice black lines down the street with maybe 4 miles on it. Before the tune though it was locking up at wot in 3rd which made the truck(stock motor at time) a dog, get it tuned ASAP!

AKlowriderZ71 09-27-2012 04:04 PM

If it's not tuned for the 'verter, don't be surprised if it throws a shift solenoid DTC and defaults to 3rd gear only when you do try a WOT launch. Also, if you stand on it while it's defaulted to 3rd gear, you might smoke your trans.

Just a heads up. :)

whitedakota 09-27-2012 04:33 PM

Installed my fresh rebuilt tranny last Friday with circle d 3200, hd2, servos etc.. Checked the fluid and put a new tune on the truck. Several wot runs, 4 hi launches adjusting shift points, timing, and fuel.. Took it to the drag strip the same night for test and tune and cut 2.12, 2.18, 2.16 60 ft times in my heavy crew cab! Hasn't missed a beat! Another very very satisfied customer here also!