PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Drivetrain & Suspension (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/)
-   -   Budget brake upgrade for 2000 Silverado. (05+ front, SUV rear) (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/budget-brake-upgrade-2000-silverado-05-front-suv-rear-497499/)

zblee 05-04-2017 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by firebladeJJ (Post 5408024)
If you order the loaded calipers they come with the bracket.

I am not ordering a loaded caliper that is why i am asking about the bracket. looks like they have two different brackets (at least on oriellys website) for different brake codes. looks like a bracket for brake codes (JH2, JH1, and JC4) and a slightly different bracket for brake codes (JF7 and JF3)

i am still not sure but i think i need the bracket for the JH1, JH2, JC4 type

_zblee

zblee 05-04-2017 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by firebladeJJ (Post 5408024)
If you order the loaded calipers they come with the bracket.

actually it looks like i may be ordering a loaded caliper, looks like most kits the caliper includes the bracket. these brackets just bolt right up to the 99-04 trucks? does anything besides the original rotor and caliper need to be removed to install it ? when i did my rear brakes i had to remove my axles...

_zblee

firebladeJJ 05-04-2017 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by zblee (Post 5408030)
actually it looks like i may be ordering a loaded caliper, looks like most kits the caliper includes the bracket. these brackets just bolt right up to the 99-04 trucks? does anything besides the original rotor and caliper need to be removed to install it ? when i did my rear brakes i had to remove my axles...

_zblee

yes sir, they bolt right up, i got the stainless steel brake lines on all for corners while i was at it. I don't think you have to remove anything else other than what you're replacing on the front.

zblee 05-04-2017 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by firebladeJJ (Post 5408033)
yes sir, they bolt right up, i got the stainless steel brake lines on all for corners while i was at it. I don't think you have to remove anything else other than what you're replacing on the front.

what SS flex lines did you use? have a part#? im looking to do the same thing

_zblee

firebladeJJ 05-04-2017 12:58 PM

i used the ones from Russell performance I believe, sorry I dont have a part number. its pretty easy to find on the website.

zblee 05-04-2017 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by firebladeJJ (Post 5408040)
i used the ones from Russell performance I believe, sorry I dont have a part number. its pretty easy to find on the website.

oops just realized part # is on the first page of this thread. i was originally going to get some more expensive calipers and rotors but just went ahead and went the factory replacement and some slotted rotors. should help regardless compared to my worn out 12" rotors/calipers...

thanks for this thread it was very useful!

_zblee