Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Belltech adjustable -2 or +2 struts

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked all over for 17's in a bigger height, but can't find any! They're all made for car sizes... The only option is to go to a 18, which is fine with me! It looks like I'm gonna end up going with the soft 8's and widening the rears 2 or 2 1/2 inches! Gonna look sick! I'm gonna check that company out on the widening thing
Old 09-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I heard back from weldcraft. They are not able to widen the factory wheels.
Mot sure if they'd be able to widen the soft 8s either. I'll have to send them a picture of there lip.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Restricted

Originally Posted by Tig
Mot sure if they'd be able to widen the soft 8s either. I'll have to send them a picture of there lip.
Yeah.... I'm pretty sure it's because the face of the wheel wraps around the front lip of the rim... I had another shop tell me that's why they couldn't do it. Sucks, cuz I really like the look of the factory steel wheels!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Restricted

Originally Posted by Tig
Man that's a sweet PPV Tahoe you have! Definately need to get it lowered though! After you mentioned going with the 5" drop coils in the rear, I think I'm gonna order a set! Sometimes when I look at it I think it needs it! Plus I can always take a ring out in the front struts if the rear sets too low..... But I'm thinking it'll look perfect with the 5" coils instead of the 4 in the rear!
Old 09-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JordanH
Yeah.... I'm pretty sure it's because the face of the wheel wraps around the front lip of the rim... I had another shop tell me that's why they couldn't do it. Sucks, cuz I really like the look of the factory steel wheels!
You got it. I agree, would look killer with some wide factory wheels

Man that's a sweet PPV Tahoe you have! Definately need to get it lowered though! After you mentioned going with the 5" drop coils in the rear, I think I'm gonna order a set! Sometimes when I look at it I think it needs it! Plus I can always take a ring out in the front struts if the rear sets too low..... But I'm thinking it'll look perfect with the 5" coils instead of the 4 in the rear!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I agree and its killin me to drivin around lookin like a 4x4.

Did you have to relocate your upper links or get shock extenders for the rear?

Who have you been getting your parts from?
Old 09-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Restricted

Did you have to relocate your upper links or get shock extenders for the rear?

Who have you been getting your parts from?[/QUOTE]

I used the shock extenders for the rear... And almost all my parts I got from the suspension source, they're site sponsors and usually have great deals! Free shipping on everything I ordered and an additional 10% off for PT.NET members. Sometimes they'll have blemished stuff for cheaper, but carries the same warranty. I always talk to Kristin over there... Cool chick
Old 09-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

I used the shock extenders for the rear... And almost all my parts I got from the suspension source, they're site sponsors and usually have great deals! Free shipping on everything I ordered and an additional 10% off for PT.NET members. Sometimes they'll have blemished stuff for cheaper, but carries the same warranty. I always talk to Kristin over there... Cool chick
Very cool. I'll look into them.
Thanks again
Old 09-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

One last question.
Did you have any alignment issues?
Did you buy the alignment kit if so?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Hey Jordan,

I keep coming back to see your dropped hoe.

Have you stuck with the 4" coils out back or did you end up going lower?

I have the struts, shock extenders, rear djm kit and am waiting on some 6" drop coils for out back.
My goal is for a 4/6 drop
Old 11-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Restricted

Originally Posted by Tig
Hey Jordan,

I keep coming back to see your dropped hoe.

Have you stuck with the 4" coils out back or did you end up going lower?

I have the struts, shock extenders, rear djm kit and am waiting on some 6" drop coils for out back.
My goal is for a 4/6 drop
I haven't messed with the suspension any more, I've still got the 4" coils in the rear. I'm gonna buy some 5" at some point.. I just got all my wheel specs figured out today and ordered some soft 8's. I just ordered the two rears since they're a off the shelf spec 17x9 with 5" of back spacing a zero mm offset, the fronts are going to be 17x8 with right at 5.97" of back spacing. The fronts won't move at all from the stock look, just adding a 1/2" to the backside of the wheel, but the rears are going to be pushed out 1 1/2". The rears kinda set in more than the fronts from the factory, I just want it to look more even. I'll be test fitting the rears this week

Last edited by JordanH; 11-30-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Belltech adjustable -2 or +2 struts