Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

04 rcsb djm 5/7 drop - camber ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 rcsb djm 5/7 drop - camber ?

I did the upper and lower control arms. I have neg camber. the DJM kit comes with cams plates for adjuster bolts. I put them in the 3rd or middle hole. To fix the neg camber should I rotate the plate to the top hole or bottom hole?

I was thinking top hole, but wanted to see if anyone else did there own. I'm going to get an alignment, but need to fix it some so I can drive it there lol.

Thanks for any help
Old 09-24-2017, 06:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by circusboy
I did the upper and lower control arms. I have neg camber. the DJM kit comes with cams plates for adjuster bolts. I put them in the 3rd or middle hole. To fix the neg camber should I rotate the plate to the top hole or bottom hole?

I was thinking top hole, but wanted to see if anyone else did there own. I'm going to get an alignment, but need to fix it some so I can drive it there lol.

Thanks for any help
You're going to have to eyeball as best as you can. Both sides of the upper control arm nuts affect camber different ways.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Tough to say without seeing a picture of the Cam plates, but typically, the bottom hole is what you want. That will push the UCA out away from the truck the furthest, which is what fixes negative camber. The UCA is too "short" at this time, so adjust in which ever way makes that UCA push out, away from the truck
Old 09-26-2017, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct lol. Got it adjusted. Got my alignment today. They fixed the toe but the camber is still negative. I thought this kit was supposed to be designed to get a factory alignment
Old 09-27-2017, 02:28 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Just my opinion, but DJM Arms are probably the worst choice for a drop kit on the front.