FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Another NNBS fuel pump question......fml

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another NNBS fuel pump question......fml

Ok so I'm going from my boosted 5.3l to an LS3 with all the supporting mods 80mm turbo, head work etc...

Has someone figured out fuel pump that will kind of sorta drop in without any of the fuel pressure bleed off and funky stuff?

I am super picky and hate having wierd issues like priming the pump or having to worry about running below a 1/4 tank. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So......I dropped in twin 450's, gutted bucket, kept the socks in the bucket. Made my own electrical bulkhead by passing my pump wires through a piece of stainless pipe and flared the ends to pinch it in place. Potted it with E85 safe epoxy. Both pumps run to a Y then up to the bulkhead fitting for fuel exit. Used Teflon flex tubing from Radium Engineering. Standard stuff.
Now, where I experimented was using a siphon valve from Radium that fits to the stock return line hose and then has another piece of Teflon flex that goes to a piece of Holley Hydramat that free floats in the tank bottom. Hope was to suck fuel from Hydramat and dump into bucket.
I have run the rank all the way down below E and had no hiccups. Obviously don't get on it hard that low as well as I like to keep pumps submerged to keep cool. No priming issues and it holds pressure. I think the 450's have built in checks.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh wow. Great write up. I just want to do a single. But i love the way you did it.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Stressed for a long time on what to do...then did a flyer with the hydramat. Only see about 16psi pressure on the return line side so the siphon valve and hydramat are not a huge restriction on the return side.