FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

2006 Sierra with stealth 340 intank. Truck running weird..

Old 12-03-2017, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Sierra with stealth 340 intank. Truck running weird..

Alright,

I bought a basket case(wasn't running due to MAF issues) of a truck 2006 Sierra Denali. Has a D1sc on it, intercooled with meth on 15psi. 3 bar speed density tune with HP tuners(changing to 2 bar for better resolution shortly).

Now the truck came with a aeromotive stealth 340 in tank. Retunless setup. 2 days ago I mounted an aeromotive fuel reg, ran a new -6 return line to the tank(dumps in the top of the tank). Regulator is boost referenced. I gutted the stock fuel bucket, Its just the stealth 340 in the bucket with a sock on it. I removed the everything including the little white plastic clip deal on the bottom of the bucket. I did not remove the small check valve flaps on the bottom of the bucket. I ran 5/16 fuel injection goes from the pump to the pump bucket hat.

Now the truck ran great for a day, did some tuning, couple WOT pulls and the truck felt fine. Now driving home the thing barely runs, It got progressively worse. At first it was a couple hiccups cruising down the highway, eventually I could barely touch the throttle without it wanting to die. Im going to pull the tank tomorrow again just to go over everything but am looking for any input/opinions in the mean time??

Thanks,

Matt
Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

I wouldn't drop the tank before testing the fuel pressure.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

just realized one thing that I will fix, but doesn't explain why the truck ran well for 1 day then the next like ****...

The fuel return does not go directly into the basket. I will make a line so it fills into the basket using submersible fuel line.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
I wouldn't drop the tank before testing the fuel pressure.
Fuel pressure is rock solid at idle, free revs fine.. I might make a cheater line and run the gauge so I can view the pressure while driving around.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

To put an end to this thread... My 3 bar map sensor from DIY Autotune that was a month old had a bunch of moisture and rust in it, sensor fell apart and one wire inside eventually broke off.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

How in the h-e-double hockey sticks did you find that?
Old 01-15-2018, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Might want drop tank soonish, and REPLACE that hose you ran from Pump to HAT.
Needs to be legit " Submersible Fuel Hose " with Gen-U-Wine fuel injection clamps..

Search this Thread