FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Whippletronics removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whippletronics removal

Hello, just looking for a little help here. My project is a 2001 Chevy Suburban 5.3 with a Whipple 2300ax Supercharger. I've recently had to replace leaking intake manifold gaskets and figured it was a good time to delete the Whippletronics. I've installed larger injectors, removed the auxiliaries, and removed the whipple computer. One problem I think I have is the wires going to the bypass. Can anyone please help me out with what I need to do next to keep the bypass working?? I e read something about moving around or changing the vacuum lines?? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP!!! REALLY LOVE TO COMPLETE THIS PROJECT AND ENJOY MY NEW TUNE!!! THANKS!!
Old 10-02-2018, 06:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

https://goo.gl/images/k9ARFm
I can't figure out how to find this pic on this website, but the link shows the picture. For the vacuum source, you have to use a port that's between the throttle and the blower. It's as simple as that.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Looking at the picture again, it's not completely clear. The hose on the pushrod side of the actuator is no longer used. The vacuum hose on the top, or furthest from the pushrod, the only other hose, goes to the vacuum source.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:35 AM

Yes I had the same thought as you...I'm fairly new to the supercharger field but am pretty mechanically inclined. So quick question..Sorry, I'm trying to put this in words..W bf at we want to happen w the actuator is during throttle and actually stepping on the gas we want the actuator to close off the bypass right?? So pressure can build...and when I let off the gas we want the bypass to open and release excess pressure?? There are vacuum lines coming off the compressor, one between throttle body and charger and one between charger and intake. Sorry, I'm not w unit right now but will get a couple good pics posted when I arrive home. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOIR HELP!!! YOUR PATIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Old 10-02-2018, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

You want the bypass open during normal driving. This allows the engine to operate naturally aspirated and not breathe air that has been super heated by the blower. The bypass actuator is held open by vacuum, which is always present when the throttle is mostly closed. The bypass actuator is spring loaded to push it closed with no vacuum as when you stomp on the throttle. It will be closed when the engine is not running.

The port on the blower between the blower and the engine is no longer needed. It will be a good place to put the vacuum/pressure hose when you put on a larger boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:45 PM

Ok great!!! I'm starting to understand much more...I was looking in to high pressure fuel pumps today and now I know where to connect the regulator to the Whipple...between the compressor and intake. I snapped some pics of the actuator and the vacuum lines that I will upload...maybe you'll have some input on the exact routing?? One line runs from non compressed air at th throttle body side and one on the opposite.... any feedback is greatly APPRECIATED!!! THX AGAIN MAC GYVER!!!

Old 10-02-2018, 10:50 PM

Sorry..so real quick, should I run only the vacuum line from the uncompressed throttle body side to the actuator, cap off the other on actuator...and use the vacuum from the compressed side to my fuel pressure regulator??? THANK YOU!!!
Old 10-03-2018, 07:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Not MAC gyver, MIKE Gyver. In the top picture, the vacuum line on the left goes to the inlet side of the blower, between the blower and the throttle. The line on the right in the same picture needs to be left open to the atmosphere, not capped. The port on the outlet side of the compressor will go to your aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. It will show boost and vacuum to the regulator.

You got it right except don't cap the other port.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:06 AM
TECH Veteran

And because you used the term "high pressure" fuel pump, I think that you need to do some more research on what pump to buy. There's plenty of posts on this website about higher output pumps and their installation. Don't just go to eBay and buy a "high pressure" fuel pump.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Norwood399, does the whipple electronics still work like it is supposed to? Interested in getting rid of it?

Quick Reply: Whippletronics removal