FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

What do you guys think of this supercharger!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jpridinchevys
the supercharger is from wynjammers, im still try to find the boost level they run. just not sure how good the belt system is, heving run off the altinator!!
let me know what you think good or not!!!

http://www.wynjammer.com/ALM1115/GM_...ze_Vortec.html

thanx
Here is some things to look at.
The blower wheel is going to be hauling ***, notice the size difference in the pulleys. I am guessing the blower pulley is direct drive, so no internal stepping of gears. So you need to find out how fast is turning, and how hot the air was coming out of it.
warranty etc
completeness and support of the product.
Get them on the phone.
I have read about the kit, but have never seen one. The things that I find interesting is most thread owners talk about the noise of the blower. it is suppose to be pretty freaking loud.

What year is your truck, I like turbos better.
Rick
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
What a typical internet thread this one is. We go from "looks" cheap to "is" cheap, with no facts in between. How about knowing something about it before we have a lynching? You guys sound like some gang in a cowboy movie. "Whats that thing?" "I dunno, but it sure is ugly." "I'va got a friend of a friend who says they're nothing but trouble." "I hate it." "Let's tie it up and drag it behind our truck!"
You better not be refering to my post because there's been 3 or 4 guys who have "tested" this supercharger and posted their results. 2 of the guys liked it and said for the price it's worth it. One guy ended up having issues with the supercharger and had to send it back to have it rebuilt. The 4th guy had some kind of oiling issue and also needed to have it replaced.

It's a good supercharger if you're a cheap ***, but you won't even save much money in the long run. It doesn't support much boost. There is little product support. It comes with minimal accessories which you'll need to add down the line unless you run 4 pounds of boost.

So don't worry CHIEF, I'm not just saying it's shitty because it's cheap. I've read plenty on them.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Why didn't you elaborate a little on your first post, tough guy?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
Why didn't you elaborate a little on your first post, tough guy?
I think my post was plenty clear and descriptive. You just decided to call me out on it and then I described further.

If you want to learn more just search for Wynjammer on here. Not all of us just look at something different and assume it's ****, I do have some basis for my comments.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a $2500 supercharger just sounds like money down the drain. just my .02
Old 12-01-2007, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

I've never posted but I need to chime in. Check out the altitude and temp settings on the dyno sheet. Correct me if I'm wrong but won't that squew the hp and tq numbers?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I think my post was plenty clear and descriptive. You just decided to call me out on it and then I described further.

If you want to learn more just search for Wynjammer on here. Not all of us just look at something different and assume it's ****, I do have some basis for my comments.
I'm sure you have seen Chris post on gmfs...he sent his back two or three times for broken crap on it.
The thing is a joke IMO.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
I'm sure you have seen Chris post on gmfs...he sent his back two or three times for broken crap on it.
The thing is a joke IMO.
LOL, see I was actually considering one of the guys that DIDN'T have problems with his. There were 2 guys on here(pt.net) that had issues with there.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RandomHero
LOL, see I was actually considering one of the guys that DIDN'T have problems with his. There were 2 guys on here(pt.net) that had issues with there.
Yeah he sent it back a few times. He would send me pm's about it cause he didn't want to catch **** for it on the board heh.
Blew it from putting a small shot on it two times that i know of and had some other problems as well.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
Yeah he sent it back a few times. He would send me pm's about it cause he didn't want to catch **** for it on the board heh.
Blew it from putting a small shot on it two times that i know of and had some other problems as well.
LOL, he used to praise how much he liked it too. That's too bad.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this supercharger!!!