FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin Turbo!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
It is more then double the fab work,
Its real easy to look at something and say, "that is not that much work is it?" When in fact it depends on the parts used. And if a kit is done right it should look simple but the time to lay it out and fabricate it out, is where the coin lies...

TRICK is more then happy to work with our customers on building parts that fit there needs. I will try to give a qoute that is close but not exact to the costing of a build ever build is different.

I am thinking well under 10K depending on parts uses.

Drop a PM if you would like us to qoute you a kit.

I agree on the amount of work. I made my own custom twin rear mount kit -- everything from the header (and I sourced that and then modified them to do what I wanted) back to the TB. It was a HUGE amount of work -- nowhere near as simple as I thought it would be.

When I decided to go front mount, I could have built my own kit. Ya know what I did though? I called Trick
Old 03-08-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
It is more then double the fab work,
Its real easy to look at something and say, "that is not that much work is it?" When in fact it depends on the parts used. And if a kit is done right it should look simple but the time to lay it out and fabricate it out, is where the coin lies...

TRICK is more then happy to work with our customers on building parts that fit there needs. I will try to give a qoute that is close but not exact to the costing of a build ever build is different.

I am thinking well under 10K depending on parts uses.

Drop a PM if you would like us to qoute you a kit.

I didn't mean to trivialize your (or anyones's) work. I hope you didn't take it that way. If you did, I appologize. My bad. My son has one of your kits and it's top notch. Adding one turbo takes a bunch of work.....I just can't see double $ to add another. I guess if it's a "oneoff" build, I know those are expensive. After you've built a few, would they be double + what a single turbo system costs?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

I don't think it would cost double from Trick.

However, I don't believe there are any off the shelf twin kits available, so they will be custom kits (even if working from a previous template).

In the case of what Trick made me, it was easily more than double -- he made 2 sets of tubular manifolds, 2 down pipes, 2 waste gate mounts, and then a cross over for the DS downpipe. Each side is different and has different requirements because of the steering and the brake MC, a/c, etc.

Also, can't speak for others, but I didn't take your comments as disrespectful or trivializing anything. It does seem to be not much extra work at first glance, it just really is because the DS is so much harder to deal with than the PS side.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I didn't mean to trivialize your (or anyones's) work. I hope you didn't take it that way. If you did, I appologize. My bad. My son has one of your kits and it's top notch. Adding one turbo takes a bunch of work.....I just can't see double $ to add another. I guess if it's a "oneoff" build, I know those are expensive. After you've built a few, would they be double + what a single turbo system costs?
Trust me I did not take your comments in a negative way of any kind, and I do not think anyone else did. I completely understand how people look at stuff. Heck I do it myself. Like that twin blower project, I told my self not that big of deal, inatke, intercooler, belt drive no problem. It took me twice as long as I thought it would, easily twice as long.
Almost all builds are a one off these days. its not worth the coinage to make tooling for every build one does.
The twin kit is not double the total expense. I figure a good log twin kit, with intercooled would be in the 8K range. With a custom intake Ok sure I can get to 10K if one really wants a wild, and killer looking set up

Rick
Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

easy guys I was just askin Found a magnacharger today 122 for 4620$ good price? used 2 weeks