FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo oil feed on NNBS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to reduce that to at least a -4an or you will blow the seals out of your turbo in no time. I have no experience with the lingenfelter piece, but I did spend 2 days fighting an oil leak with another style of billet adapter before I threw the POS out and just tapped the feed block. It turned out much better. If I were you, I would put a tee in the cooler line just above the feed plate, and route a -4an line from the tee to your turbo. I think that would give you a simple worry free oil system.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongmc
I was planning on tapping into the small plate that is above the oil filter for my oil feed to the turbo, but after getting under the truck and remembering I have the factory oil cooler, I noticed it has the big block for the oil cooler lines right there. Where did some of you get your feed from on the NNBS trucks that have the factory cooler? If anyone has some pics, they would help alot! Thanks for the help everybody.
I pulled that block off just enough to removed the plug that is aiming reward. Then tapped it and installed a 90' fitting. Reinstalled and called it good.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick, there is a plug in that oil block? I guess I need to take a better look at it this week. If that's the case, then there's no point in dropping 100 bucks on the lingenfelter piece. Thanks buddy!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
I pulled that block off just enough to removed the plug that is aiming reward. Then tapped it and installed a 90' fitting. Reinstalled and called it good.
You talking about this plug?

My oil cooler is a stock piece but isn't stock on my truck. The plug was obviously already tapped and this is what I'm looking to use. The 90° hose end is for my turbo and is just used to see if it will fit. I'll probably end up trying out a tight, 90° coupler fitting with a straight AN hose end.

However, I haven't installed the lower bell housing cover to see if it will fit, and honestly, I don't think it will with the 90° hose end or the 90° coupler (pics of your setup Trick). If it doesn't work out I'm going to use the oil plug on the front driver's side and use that as my oil source. It won't be cooled or filtered oil but it's better than nothing.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you know what size threads that is? And if its pre-cooled oil coming from tha port or not? I'm more worried about knowing what size thread it is than anything, so I can go pick up a 90 to do it.

Last edited by carbongmc; 04-20-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Do you know what size threads that is? And if its pre-cooled oil coming from tha port or not? I'm more worried about knowing what size thread it is than anything, so I can go pick up a 90 to do it.
The blue fitting is a straight-cut, o-ringed -10 AN and the other end is a -4 AN. The only company that makes the fitting, that I know of, is Fragola. I got mine from >HERE<. That port will provide filtered (all the time) and cooled (when it's not bypassed) oil.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ I can't thank you enough for that info! I'm picking up my intercooler and meth kit tomorrow, so this was pretty much the last thing I needed to iron out before the install. Again, thanks man!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ I can't thank you enough for that info! I'm picking up my intercooler and meth kit tomorrow, so this was pretty much the last thing I needed to iron out before the install. Again, thanks man!
No problem man!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes that pulled. Drill it out, tap it and use a 90' fitting. think it was 1/8x-3 forged 90. Brass fitting gives the tightest turn. Not 90 hose.
Then a -3 straight hose.
I will try to find the pic. Been many moons back when we did it.

If the block is completely off. You can drill and tap the block. Just need to make sure it's cleaned out really good before reinstalling.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Rick, if you can get me a pic of it, that would be great. Im trying to get this part done before we start the install of the kit.

Quick Reply: Turbo oil feed on NNBS?