FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo LS Combustion Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 11:44 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Do you have those EGT sensors hooked up into every runner yet? That will tell you a lot about whats going on as well. Taking a step back, characterizing the fuel system is great, but there are a lot of other factors that go into cylinder performance than just that. So you can try to add up all of the factors and derive the answer that way, or you can "cheat" and look at the answer and work backwards to the other things via a wideband and EGT.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by CKirley
,,........ TLF Performance. He tried to sell me some stock injectors and fessed up to it after I called him out and proved it with data.
Anyways, here's the data for the set. Tom had claimed 0.05% correlation between the set when I asked........
There's something suspicious about a guy who would deal with someone who allegedly lied to him twice.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
There's something suspicious about a guy who would deal with someone who allegedly lied to him twice.
Before you go making allegations like what I think you're implying, you better make sure that you understand the pinch that I was in when buying these injectors. Had I had the opportunity I would have returned these.

I've literally presented data backing up my claims. You're calling raw data suspicious.

What do you think I have to gain from making these statements?

Atomic,
I'm working on getting something put together tonight for the EGT's to figure out when a cylinder drops and any biasing that might be happening to that point. I'll get that data posted up when I'm able
Old 09-09-2019, 03:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CKirley
Before you go making allegations like what I think you're implying, you better make sure that you understand the pinch that I was in when buying these injectors. Had I had the opportunity I would have returned these.

I've literally presented data backing up my claims. You're calling raw data suspicious............
If you had said anything about why you bought the injectors from such an unscrupulous person in the first place, you would have saved us both some wear and tear on our typing fingers. I wasn't suspicious of your data. Until you gave somewhat of an explanation as to why you bought them from him, it was just weird that you would, considering that this whole thread is about the data and he lied to you about the data.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
If you had said anything about why you bought the injectors from such an unscrupulous person in the first place....
Nitpicky - I see no reason to involve the circumstances around the build in my posts other than to warn others of a bad business experience so that they don't fall into the same trap. Not everyone is able to flow test injectors and, had I not tested them, I'd be wondering what was wrong with my fuel system in a few months when I was running out of injector when I thought I had plenty of headroom.

I don't like the negative connotations that come with being called a "suspicious" guy, especially when all of them are false. I'm a stand up guy and I value my reputation. If you can't respect that, I'll delete the info I've previously posted and keep the rest to myself.

For future posts, lets aim to keep questions/comments focused on the project (or ideas related to it.)
Old 09-09-2019, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

I accept your apology.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

It's really cool what you're doing, I just didn't understand why you bought your injectors from a liar.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

This is pretty cool, i understand about 50% of whats going on, but i like it. Cuddos to you
Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

More pics of truck/engine and how you installed everything, please
Old 09-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

Kaze,
What are some of the aspects that are confusing? I'll try and clarify to the best of my ability!

Feed,
I'll try and get some soon. It's really nothing too special at the moment.

To anyone else that has questions about what I'm doing or why I'm doing it, please feel free to ask!

Quick Reply: Turbo LS Combustion Project