FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Trick turbo installation and review

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's a grounding strap that goes on the back of the fuel rail on the passenger side.

It goes from the fuel rail mount to the rear most mount on the intake on the passenger side
Old 03-25-2016, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tootall
it's a grounding strap that goes on the back of the fuel rail on the passenger side.

It goes from the fuel rail mount to the rear most mount on the intake on the passenger side
thank you! I would never have guessed that.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Do I need to brake the reman engine in before adding boost? Can i drive the truck with the cold side disconnected or can this cause damage somehow?
Old 03-27-2016, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

I found the answer to the second question guess you can overspin the turbo by doing this.

Did not find a answer for braking the rebuilt engine in with or without boost?
Old 03-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get a new tune on it? Don't run the new engine until you do.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gravedigger472
Did you ever get a new tune on it? Don't run the new engine until you do.
No still debating what to do. Really the only option is mail order. Started a thread in the tuning section to see who would be the best to go with. Have not got alot of suggestions yet bbp was one but others have said not to use them for turbo setup. TES out of lobbock is the only other suggestion i have had so far from someone who has actually used them for a turbo setup.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much experience with LS motors, but on a Turbo Buick the 2 common methods are drive it easy and don't get into the boost for a while, or get some part throttle low boost going as soon as you can drive it...pressure forces the rings out making them seat quicker is the theory.

If your tune is still unknown I'd stay out of boost until it's broke in and then start the tuning process. (Assuming it's not super lean or super rich off boost, then I'd be scared to even run it)
Old 04-01-2016, 05:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I was so excited reading this thread and the progress that you have been making, then I felt your pain with the motor mishaps, I was in the same boat, I did a turbo on my Z71 and took it to a "reputable" tuner (RPM in Delaware) long story short they cost me 2x motors first one was my original, the second was a brand new GMPP crate motor. Needless t say they didn't back any of there work up for ****. I got so frustrated that I sold the turbo stuff sold the crate motor and sold the truck. My advice to you is keep your head up and breathe it will all work out, I wish I had the support on here like you are getting everytime I read a post I wish I never sold it all but you have a great build thread going so congrats on that! And Don't give up!!

Also the "tooner" for RPM is now running his own place called powerhaus just steer clear from either place. Hope that helps other members make good choices and not getting rear ended by shoddy work
Old 04-07-2016, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MrHorsepowerLSx
I was so excited reading this thread and the progress that you have been making, then I felt your pain with the motor mishaps, I was in the same boat, I did a turbo on my Z71 and took it to a "reputable" tuner (RPM in Delaware) long story short they cost me 2x motors first one was my original, the second was a brand new GMPP crate motor. Needless t say they didn't back any of there work up for ****. I got so frustrated that I sold the turbo stuff sold the crate motor and sold the truck. My advice to you is keep your head up and breathe it will all work out, I wish I had the support on here like you are getting everytime I read a post I wish I never sold it all but you have a great build thread going so congrats on that! And Don't give up!!

Also the "tooner" for RPM is now running his own place called powerhaus just steer clear from either place. Hope that helps other members make good choices and not getting rear ended by shoddy work
Thanks for the kind word and sorry you had to go through the same thing. So for I will be $5300 into it after getting a new tune.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

Would the melted piston cause oil to get into the exhaust? I have a considerable amount leaking through the flex part of the crossover pipe. Just wondering I am guessing that's the cause but want to make sure I don't have some other problem.

Quick Reply: Trick turbo installation and review