FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TPP Turbo kit install/build thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man, I enjoy the video stuff so it's cool to get feedback. Gets yours setup and be sure to get some vid's as well! You'll like the 72mm, it's a good fit on the 4.8 for spool & power. What trim/ a/r on the turbine side?

Last edited by foose04; 04-30-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foose04
Thanks man, I enjoy the video stuff so it's cool to get feedback. Gets yours setup and be sure to get some vid's as well! You'll like the 72mm, it's a good fit on the 4.8 for spool & power. What trim/ a/r on the turbine side?
I'll check that and find out, can't remember right now, i figured that 72mm would be just right on the 4.8L! We all love watching your videos lol ! I did get the cross over wrapped and we will be making progress again here in the next 2 days, hope to have it finished by next weekend!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

well back to work on her tonight, the turbo is a q-trim with a .96 a/r exhaust housing, i'll get some pics of the progress!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Well made some progress on Jeremy's Turbo kit install last night, got the down pipe in for good and a lot of heat protecting items installed. Turbo is clocked correctly now and we have the feed and drain lines routed how we want them. Also got the oil pan off so i can do some drill/tap work for the oil feed and return!

Name:  jturbo11.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  23.2 KB
Name:  jturbo12.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  30.0 KB
Name:  jturbo13.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  29.8 KB
Name:  jturbo15.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  27.6 KB
Old 05-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks real clean.
Make sure y'all oil drain line has no flat areas. And as much verticle drop as possible.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Looks real clean.
Make sure y'all oil drain line has no flat areas. And as much verticle drop as possible.
Thanks, its just about as vertical as i can get it with the parts that came with the kit, if you turn it down any further the drain fittings will hit the exhaust housing/turbo manifold.... there will be no flat spots in the drain line when done, the drain line will also have a heat sleeve on it too... i know all about turbo oiling fun lol

Were gonna re-mount that intercooler next, looks like its gonna need 1" spacers to get it to sit up against the radiator support and have the supplied brackets bolt to the frame....
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Took a better look at the pic.
Use the straight at the turbo and have a slight aim towards engine ac compressor area.
Having the 45' there looks to flat to close to the turbo.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Took a better look at the pic.
Use the straight at the turbo and have a slight aim towards engine ac compressor area.
Having the 45' there looks to flat to close to the turbo.
I started with a straight fitting and had to go to the 45* to keep from pushing oil into the compressor side. With it coming straight off, I was able to take it straight down vertically but then had to swing the line around the front near the bottom of the radiator to make it into the front of the pan. By switching to the 45*, I was able to shorten the hose and make the curve to the front of the pan more vertical and it fixed my issues.

I do think you should try and get that housing more vertical if possible, I believe I had to tighten my fitting with the housing turned and end up leaving the fitting in the position where I could clock it down and the sides of the fitting run parallel the the turbo flange. On another note, the stuff you used to wrap the a/c line looks pretty bad ***. Where could a guy pick some of that up at?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02'Z71ONDUBZ'
I started with a straight fitting and had to go to the 45* to keep from pushing oil into the compressor side. With it coming straight off, I was able to take it straight down vertically but then had to swing the line around the front near the bottom of the radiator to make it into the front of the pan. By switching to the 45*, I was able to shorten the hose and make the curve to the front of the pan more vertical and it fixed my issues.

I do think you should try and get that housing more vertical if possible, I believe I had to tighten my fitting with the housing turned and end up leaving the fitting in the position where I could clock it down and the sides of the fitting run parallel the the turbo flange. On another note, the stuff you used to wrap the a/c line looks pretty bad ***. Where could a guy pick some of that up at?
The housing does tilt down enough to not have an issue i guarantee it, its as close as it can get before the drain fitting lays against the exhaust housing/turbo manifold.... I think the picture makes it look worse than it is...

I made the drain as short as possible and it has NO upward areas in it at all, here is the info on that heat wrap we used bud!

Cool-Tape 010408 | Purchase DEI, CryO2, Ny-Trex, Boom Mat & SPA Turbo Products | Design Engineering, Inc. - Thermal Performance Products
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Got a little more done on Jeremy's truck at lunch, turbo oil return and feed are finished and oil pan is back in.... You can see where i need to add some 1/2" spacers on the intercooler mounts.

Name:  jturbo16.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  40.2 KB
Name:  jturbo21.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  31.6 KB
Name:  jturbo17.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  28.2 KB
Name:  jturbo18.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  36.2 KB
Name:  jturbo19.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  39.0 KB
Name:  jturbo20.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  50.2 KB

Quick Reply: TPP Turbo kit install/build thread!