FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Towing with a Supercharged 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats exactly what i did with my 2014 cc sierra no other mods except maggie so i could tow race truck and have a decent dd for the wife. All new trucks going forward will get the same treatment, best mod for money.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baker tunes my truck and also did all the machine work and got the parts together for the engine. They have also tuned a cam and bolt on 5.3 for me with great success. I usually deal with TJ as he is the one that does the tuning and is very knowledgeable on the ls platform.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I know and have met TJ, he is a good dude.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm also intrested to see how this works have the same truck as yours and a new crusader rv like yours. does yours tow your rv fine?
Old 02-01-2015, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also wouldnt worry tomuch about that 4l80, they are stout stock. Just keep it cool and dont do anything crazy with the tune.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Whoever tunes it get a street tune, seen too many people get dyno tunes and not have drivability addressed.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:37 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's the full kit from Magnacharger it should come with a tuner. I would just run that for reliability and warranty reasons.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:07 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't hesitate to have BEI and TJ work on your vehicle ,
Great people that's for sure , I've been friends with TJ for 10 years now and he's always been honest .

Like said above though , don't just get a dyno tune , make sure who ever tunes it does a street/driveability tune . Hell when it's done , hook up to a heavy loaded trailer and check/tweak the tune also . This may cost a bit more as it takes time , but it's money well spent and it will make sure your happy .

All in all I've learned over the years , let good reputable people setup/help you with your tune, then learn to tweak and tune yourself , to tailor the vehicle to perform/behave how YOU want , because the only person as picky as you is YOU , if you get what I'm sayin .

I think you'll love towing with that 1900 and a shift kit , I'd do a PI triple disc converter also , it will help get the load moving and won't slip under lockup .

Talk to TJ he will steer you straight , he's awesome .
Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
I wouldn't hesitate to have BEI and TJ work on your vehicle ,
Great people that's for sure , I've been friends with TJ for 10 years now and he's always been honest .

Like said above though , don't just get a dyno tune , make sure who ever tunes it does a street/driveability tune . Hell when it's done , hook up to a heavy loaded trailer and check/tweak the tune also . This may cost a bit more as it takes time , but it's money well spent and it will make sure your happy .

All in all I've learned over the years , let good reputable people setup/help you with your tune, then learn to tweak and tune yourself , to tailor the vehicle to perform/behave how YOU want , because the only person as picky as you is YOU , if you get what I'm sayin .

I think you'll love towing with that 1900 and a shift kit , I'd do a PI triple disc converter also , it will help get the load moving and won't slip under lockup .

Talk to TJ he will steer you straight , he's awesome .
BEI sounds like a legit company. I've spoken with TJ and he says they can do a better job ob a tune than the canned one that comes with the Maggie kit. The street tune sounds like just what I need.

Originally Posted by 4doorsssilverado
I'm also intrested to see how this works have the same truck as yours and a new crusader rv like yours. does yours tow your rv fine?
I'm quite pleased with how my truck pulls, but more power would be nice for acceleration and hills. I can pull at 65mph in overdrive on the flat all day long, which isn't bad with a 12,000# loaded trailer in tow.
As I said, I'm eager to see what the Black Bear tune does by itself, but I do see myself pulling the trigger on the Maggie this summer regardless.
I'll be sure to post any updates.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zs2500hd
BEI sounds like a legit company. I've spoken with TJ and he says they can do a better job ob a tune than the canned one that comes with the Maggie kit. The street tune sounds like just what I need.

I'm quite pleased with how my truck pulls, but more power would be nice for acceleration and hills. I can pull at 65mph in overdrive on the flat all day long, which isn't bad with a 12,000# loaded trailer in tow.
As I said, I'm eager to see what the Black Bear tune does by itself, but I do see myself pulling the trigger on the Maggie this summer regardless.
I'll be sure to post any updates.
I understand I haven't towed mine with my truck I use to pull my bumper pull about 10-11k fine all day I tuned mine with a cai and headers and e fans but mines lifted so it makes it a little harder on the truck cause of all the extra weight just dont know how it'll like pulling the 5th wheel plan on fi also to help it out

Quick Reply: Towing with a Supercharged 6.0