FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Supercharger preference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:13 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
I liked my Procharger, But decided it was time for a change and went with the Trick Turbo.
Sweet! I'd like to hear more about the specs but don't wanna get too far offtopic...start a thread of your swap bro.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
If you have ever been around a positive displacement blower (like a Radix), or a good turbo system, then you will be quite disappointed in a centrifugal supercharger like a Paxon or Procharger. Ya, there cheaper, but there is a reason for that . They feel more like a built NA motor with the power coming on linearly with engine rpm, instead of a hard pull from the lower rpms all the way though the rpm band. I've had my turbo on my truck for over 2 years and have been around a couple of Radix's so I have a pretty good feel for the power. About a month ago, I put a 95 TA back together for a friend with a forged LT1 and a Procharger on it and was a bit disappointed in how it ran. Sure it was fast, but its a car. It didn't start to build boost till around 3300 rpm and didn't reach full boost, 8psi till 5500 (rev limited shift point). I would compare it speed wise to a turbo car running 4-5 lbs of boost.
eXCELLENT....THIS MAKES MORE SENSE NOW. THANX!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
Okay...I'm not as educated with the new school blower terminology. So what is TVS?

Also....I was looking into the Vortech system and I see they now list a Diablosport programmer wiht them instead of a fuel management unit. Whic is better?

Allen at Nelson Performance said he could just tune me so I shoulden't need a Fuel Mgt. system.

What is the better route?

That's why I like this place......you pro's don't mind schooling a redneck like me.....
Avoid the FMU, get the custom cal, or the canned tune in the Diablo
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

It all depends on your application. For towing I'd get a Whipple with an intercooler. Trucks already have traction problems so some prefer a centrifical. There are alot of things to consider.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
FormerVendor

I personally drive a Rotrex everyday and it is great. I drive a lot of hilly whindy two lane roads with short passing distances. I give it a little throttle step out and it pulls right by them.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

If you want just a mild set-up that will have good daily driver manners go with a RADIX..... If you are going all out ***** to the wall go with Procharger or Turbo..
Old 04-10-2007, 05:39 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boostfan
I personally drive a Rotrex everyday and it is great. I drive a lot of hilly whindy two lane roads with short passing distances. I give it a little throttle step out and it pulls right by them.

you are the only one I know of that has come out of the wood work with a Rotrex...do you have any other data/pics, etc?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
you are the only one I know of that has come out of the wood work with a Rotrex...do you have any other data/pics, etc?
I would like to hear more about your experience with this set-up also. I am surprised that I have not seen anything about the Rotrex from other members on this site. It looks like a sweet set-up.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
I would like to hear more about your experience with this set-up also. I am surprised that I have not seen anything about the Rotrex from other members on this site. It looks like a sweet set-up.
In all fairness I work for Wheel to Wheel, but I thought I would share this quote from Mike Helton President of Nascar "the engine in the Tahoe is wonderful I am really happy with it's performance" we installed one on his 2007 Tahoe
Here is a link for it's web page Mike Helton Trucks