FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Side mount whipple from 2001 tahoe to a 2005 L33

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mount whipple from 2001 tahoe to a 2005 L33

Hi guys. My dad has a 2001 Tahoe with a side mount whipple. he just had the unit rebuilt along with a new tensioner and belt. he also changed the TPS sensor which solved the minor drivability problems he was having.

what would i need to swap it onto my 2005 L33? he has the 42lb injectors and all. i would just need a tune and give him my stock intake, etc.

i've done some reading. would his crank pulley work on my truck and all i would need is a pin kit for it?

im a total noob to power adders. please school me on what i would need besides swapping everything with him and a good tune? the whippletronics are gone. his truck is dynotuned. which i would do as well.

for daily driving, how important would it be to fab up an intercooler? he is not running and intercooler or meth. my truck would remain otherwise stock until tranny blows.

thanks.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

I just put a Powerbond damper on my truck, and it gave me a helluva time adapting my Whipple pulley. The spokes on the powerbond are completely different than a 2000 OEM damper, and an '05 might be, too. The Whipple pulley has dogs that engage the spokes in the damper, I had to carve a lot of them away to fit the aftermarket damper. I don't know what else might be different on an '05. No intercooler might be fun enough for you, but an intercooler really wakes it up.