FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Roush supercharger eaton tvs 1900 gmt900

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

What's with people not doing their own work these days??
Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep staring T this thread and asking myself when I posted it. Finally figured out it was my for sale thread and someone moved my post to the toplol I was tripping out wondering when I started a new thread lol
Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
not my field of work, else I would. I'll stick to what I know.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

I dont have the tools, space, or enough experience to do it. If I could have someone show me the ropes id be all for it but cant afford to install **** twice if it isnt installed properly. When you have it installed, No head ache, you know the parts are being installed correctly and if something does break its covered under warranty.. The labor is pretty cheap as well.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man i needa get in on all these installs...its not that hard of a job. maybe i could start making some cash on the side hmmm.
i flipped through the instructions its not very hard at all...considering its almost a complete kit. if your doing a cam/deleting DOD/Valve spring install/LT install sure itd take a lil longer but still not a hard process
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
I dont have the tools, space, or enough experience to do it. If I could have someone show me the ropes id be all for it but cant afford to install **** twice if it isnt installed properly. When you have it installed, No head ache, you know the parts are being installed correctly and if something does break its covered under warranty.. The labor is pretty cheap as well.
Man I'm the exact opposite, I won't let anyone else do my installs. I am addicted to learning this stuff. You live and learn, and one thing's for sure, installing twice because you made a mistake makes you a damn good mechanic. Learning from your own mistakes is painful, but it won't happen again. I'll never forget the last time I put my engine back together...I was tired because I put 12-14 hours in it and forgot the lifter tray bolts. As I finished up the bucket of bolts got smaller and smaller and started wondering where those bolts came from. By the time I realized I wanted to rip my hair out lol. Added several hours to the build just to strip the engine down again. But I will never forget lifter tray bolts again.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Man I'm the exact opposite, I won't let anyone else do my installs. I am addicted to learning this stuff. You live and learn, and one thing's for sure, installing twice because you made a mistake makes you a damn good mechanic. Learning from your own mistakes is painful, but it won't happen again. I'll never forget the last time I put my engine back together...I was tired because I put 12-14 hours in it and forgot the lifter tray bolts. As I finished up the bucket of bolts got smaller and smaller and started wondering where those bolts came from. By the time I realized I wanted to rip my hair out lol. Added several hours to the build just to strip the engine down again. But I will never forget lifter tray bolts again.
I know you live and learn, and installing things twice can make you a good mechanic, But like I said I cant afford those extra screw ups. And I am really close with my tuner who installs all my stuff, most of the time I am there watching. I would help if I could without getting trouble from his insurance co.

My truck is my DD so i cant just park it for a 3-4 days or a week while I install something slowly to make sure its done right..

I Pretty much do my own installs unless it involves internal work or rear end work.. Im sure I could do cam installs and things If I could let my truck sit and take my time doing the install with the proper tools then Id be good to go.. I am only 19 turning 20 so I still have lots of learning to do..
Old 03-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
I know you live and learn, and installing things twice can make you a good mechanic, But like I said I cant afford those extra screw ups. And I am really close with my tuner who installs all my stuff, most of the time I am there watching. I would help if I could without getting trouble from his insurance co.

My truck is my DD so i cant just park it for a 3-4 days or a week while I install something slowly to make sure its done right..

I Pretty much do my own installs unless it involves internal work or rear end work.. Im sure I could do cam installs and things If I could let my truck sit and take my time doing the install with the proper tools then Id be good to go.. I am only 19 turning 20 so I still have lots of learning to do..
I hear ya about the DD thing...have to wait for a decent break in school to do a long job on mine, or like you said risk not having a vehicle.
Can't wait to scrape up the cash to get a beater to work on! And leave the DD alone for a change lol.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

I hear ya about the DD thing...have to wait for a decent break in school to do a long job on mine, or like you said risk not having a vehicle.
Can't wait to scrape up the cash to get a beater to work on! And leave the DD alone for a change lol.
No **** man... Time for a 4 cyl DD haha
Old 03-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Mod with training wheels

I was actually thinking about picking up one of those chevy lumina vans, you know the one that looks like a pull-behind vacuum cleaner? Do a custom mid-engine setup with one of those dime a dozen 4.8L engines and turbo it. Nobody would expect to be roasted at a stoplight by a 1990s soccer mom van...

Quick Reply: Roush supercharger eaton tvs 1900 gmt900