FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix vs.Trick vs. STS vs....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For my Livernois/Detroit Speedworks install (first of their kits to go on an Avalanche) I had to fab the following:

- New Main AC line $120
- Oil Pick up (tapped the secondary filter plate) $15
- Oil return (Valve cover, soon to change to pan) $35
- Extend Oil pick up line (steel braided) $45
- Intercooler mount (AV is not the same as Escalade in front) $75
- Custom Spark Plug wires to clear headers $100
- Connect exhaust to downpipe (bolt in section for easy maint.) $80

That was about it, the changes/upgrades i have made to the system are the following:

- Blow Off Valve (atmo vent, loud as shizzle) $150
- MAF relocations to the Boosted side of air flow (two couplers) $45
- Air Filter mounted to Turbo $20

Oh yeah... and after I grinded second gear out of the transmission I swaped to a Stage-4 4L80e... $ 4,200
Old 04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #7 melt down

How about Radix intake manifold.
I believe due to it's design and more consistant air distribution, it will greatly
reduce the common #7 failures due to lean afr's.

dave
Old 04-20-2006, 02:26 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
How about Radix intake manifold.
I believe due to it's design and more consistant air distribution, it will greatly
reduce the common #7 failures due to lean afr's.

dave
never thought of that one but i think your right.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

I'm adding some new info developed by BlownChevy (with his permission) -- IMO this information is incredibly helpful when picking your system.

No test bashing in this thread. Take this stuff as it was intended -- good, unbiased information developed by testing under controlled conditions by an independent party.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

First up: Magnacharger 112 at 10psi vs. Procharger D1SC at 10psi

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Got some cool information today and I thought you guys would like to see it.
OK here is a test of the Magna Charger 112 VS Procharger D1 at 10 lbs boost on a stock 5.3 truck engine with a G2-3 Lingenfelter cam , timming was locked at 26 degrees and VP 103 was used, This test was done just a few weeks ago. As you can see the HP is the same at the same 10 lbs of boost.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Next up: Magnacharger MP122H (2.0L) at 10psi vs. Lyscholm (twin screw) 2300 (2.3L) at 10psi

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Lyscholm 2300 vs Magna Charger MP122H (soon to be released) HP is very close, but take note of the discharge temps. Remember the 2300 is a 2.3L blower and the 122 is a 2.0L blower. This dis-proves the "screw is cooler" Statement made by most of the "screw" Manufactures.

10 lbs boost on a stock 5.3 truck engine with a G2-3 Lingenfelter cam , timming was locked at 26 degrees and VP 103 was used, This test was done just a few weeks ago. As you can see the discharge temps are about 20* cooler on the 122 at 10 pounds of boost.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Teching In

ATI - Procharger - Centrifugal Supercharger (most of this is old-- from my 5.0 days)
Strengths:
1. Higher power potential than Radix or Whipple, less than turbo
2. Great track record
3. Almost instant torque
4. Easy install
5. In my 5.0 days, customer service wasn't too hot
6. I've been told the cost of these has come way down to around $4k -- that's a good price

Weaknesses:
1. Kit needs more parts for maximum potential (injectors, intercooler -- although a FMIC is available from ATI as an option)
2. FMIC is not super efficient
3. Belt slippage requires special mounting brackets to turn up the boost
4. pulley change to change boost
5. Install is easy, but very involved.
6. Peak power only at shift point (these require impellor tip speed to make boost)
7. high parasitic loss

Last week I sent my Procharger in for repairs. They said they had about a 3 week delay when I called. I sent it and it was received by them on 9-1-06. I called yesterday, 9-7-06, and was advised the 3 week estimate was wrong. I am looking at 5 weeks, or more, before they even look at it. Then repairs, then shipping it back to me.

Needless to say I am not happy with this and I am working on bringing them to their senses and getting a more reasonable time frame.

I will keep you informed.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Teching In

I guess I got word to the right person at ATI Procharger and today, Monday, I was told it would be looked at this week and shipped back no later than Friday. This works out to 2 weeks from when they received it. I can live with that. Sometimes we need to be a little more persistant. Hopefully it is all smooth sailing from here.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Update, my Procharger was repaired and returned in 2 weeks. Took some prodding but I can live with that. No charge for the repair or return.

It is bolted on the Avalanche and it sounds better than when I first installed it. Things are good.

Thought I would mention, I haven't heard of many problems like I had, hopefully it isn't common, I would prefer to keep it running.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

On the Radix Magnacharger I have no belt slippage after two years of racing every weekend and driving everyday with the 3'' pulley, It holds 9lbs. all way through the 1/4 mile, Also I don't think the need full exhaust for max. potential is right as I had the super charger on with stock exhaust and with headers, Hi-flow cats and Flowmaster mufflers with 3'' pipes

Quick Reply: Radix vs.Trick vs. STS vs....