FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

radix question????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radix question????

This is my first winter with my blower and Ive noticed my truck hates the cold. I havent really driven it that much but I took it out on a 40 degree day,jumped on it a bit and it just sputtered. Is this normal? I did the install towards the end of summer and the truck seemed to have so much more power compared to once the temp dropped.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

really?!? Hmmm. You haven't driven it that much meaning it has been sitting for awhile? It's not the radix. Any motor, blown, trubo, NA...loves cold dense air.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

I love to drive my truck in colder months, my blower comes to life around this time of the year. I would say it had something to do with your tune.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Teching In

the tune is the stock radix tune but Ive read that it is rather weak. The only other thing was I had a low coolant light pop on. Ive read there is a "limp home "mode for that built in when there is a coolant lose and it will also pull timing out of it. So maybe that was the problem????
Old 03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

With my truck it is a night and day differance when it is cold outside
Old 03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
really?!? Hmmm. You haven't driven it that much meaning it has been sitting for awhile? It's not the radix. Any motor, blown, trubo, NA...loves cold dense air.
Yep I ve been doing a bunch of little things to the truck over the winter,undercoating,carpet,rear sway bar,guages so it been layed up..
Old 03-01-2006, 11:15 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds to me like a different problem. Maybe a malfunctioning MAF, TPS is not working correctly, something electronic. There are a bunch of things that could cause the sputtering.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:49 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sounds to me like a cold start problem. Does it go away once the truck is warmed up?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
sounds to me like a cold start problem. Does it go away once the truck is warmed up?
actually when i replaced my throttle body, the stock one had a hole in the butterfly, on the bbk there wasnt one .do I need to drill this out? as for the cold start, I have to hold the throttle partially open 1500r's for 30 seconds to keep it running then it smooths out. The sputter I describe was more of a stumble then it lauched but I still seemed a little weak. I have a cold air intake but I told them that when I bought the kit as well as the other mods.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

sometime ago I had a bbk 80mm and there was discussion on the vent hole in the t/plate.
when trying to give it gas from idle you had to press fairly hard on the throttle pedal to get things moving, and this caused a lurching on take off.
the theory was that with no vent in the plate you had to overcome intake vacuum to get the plate to open.
some people drill a hole in the plate, easy to do.

Dave

Quick Reply: radix question????