FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

RAACCR's Syclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RAACCR
Despite the low mileage, it hasn't been close to stock for a loooooong time.
if everything in the driveline is positioned properly, very little clearancing is required. Thanks for everybody's concern, but this is a done deal; it will be finished very shortly.
agreed and rock on with your bad self..
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting up this project over here. With the power that combo is capable of and the light weight AWD vehicle, it should be a monster. I'm definitely interested in see that thing when its complete.

My 08 TBSS is also a 'company car'. I've just modded the hell out of it.

Where are you from?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Good luck with the build
Old 07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the support, guys. I'm in South Florida (Broward County).

When I picked up the truck brand new from the dealership, I drove it straight out to the former Moroso Motorsports Park, and went 13.8's; literally, right off the showroom floor. I drove it home that night, and installed an ATR PitBull chip (that I had already purchased) the following day. I believe it wasn't until the 3rd or 4th day that the stock cat was replaced by a test pipe, and a K&N air filter was added. So basically, it was at the track an hour after I bought it, modded within the first 24 hours, and I had it down into the 13.2's later that same week. So, I'm really not kidding when I say it hasn't been stock for a long time

Weight should hopefully be down around 3500#. Maybe it will dip into the high 12's on this new set-up
Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Rob!! Glad you could make it over here!!! We're all a bunch of humble slow asses that don't mind being called slow! Even though we have delusions of being fast!!
I didn't realize you had a SY!! I had a TY about 5 years ago and regretted selling it the second it drove away!
We have an addiction on this side of the site and we NEED video's and pictures! So if you want to be a welcomed with open arms....PICS, VIDEO'S or BANNNNN!!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Shorty Director

Welcome!!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys, just a quick update:

Texas Speed was unable to come through with the PRC 237 castings, so I sourced a set of HIP's Edelbrocks, (with small runners and chambers, from a 4.8L Bonneville salt flats racer). Richard at West Coast Cylinder heads is running them through his 245cc CNC program to make them more suitable for my bigger cubic inch motor. Here's a link to his work:

http://www.proheads.com/files/wcchls1%20head%20web.mpg

Along with a matching Edelbrock intake, I can finally put the top end drama behind me and mock this puppy up. I have booked a week next month at a local fab shop for final mock up. Then, it will come apart one more time after that to pretty things up and take care of coating and plating. After that, it goes back together for the final time and I'll be cruzin'

Thanks,
Rob
Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that sounds like a very nice combo. I too am in love with those trucks. I've had 4 typhoons and 1 syclone (too small for me).. I am also playing with a LS swap in my Ty. The wife and kids are holding me back. I will be looking forward to seeing your progress as well.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TURBO8
Wow, that sounds like a very nice combo. I too am in love with those trucks. I've had 4 typhoons and 1 syclone (too small for me).. I am also playing with a LS swap in my Ty. The wife and kids are holding me back. I will be looking forward to seeing your progress as well.
Holy crap man your alive!!! Hey there's a gtg on the 10th of October at Sac...You gonna make it? Haven't seen you in a while or on this forum...EVER!!!

Sorry for the thread jack OP!!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Any updates on this?

Quick Reply: RAACCR's Syclone