FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

pushing coolent into reservoir at wot..

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 18psi and 50 shot I'm not worried about, it will eat that no problem without lifting a head, if it was a larger engine it would be different but not on a 4.8, iv seen wayyy crazyer things. Timing may have been a bit steep at 17-18 at that boost level but iv never seen or heard any knock and I won't if I have true e85 witch I know I did because I test ever fill up. My tuning, fuel, boost, n20, ect.. did not damage my engine unless I had a faulty part somewere. The overheat on the other hand could of. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Foose04 was pushing over 20psi with a 50 shot no problem so we know its possible... besides, it was pushing coolant out before he ever hit it with any spray...
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your head gasket is hurt, simple as that. Stock engines blow gaskets, so putting yours under that stress can easily do it if everything isn't perfect. I literally jaw a pile of blown head gaskets at home!! It happens... Pull the heads, super clean the block and heads and put on some LS9 gaskets. Make sure your tune is spot on and rock out!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
Foose04 was pushing over 20psi with a 50 shot no problem so we know its possible... besides, it was pushing coolant out before he ever hit it with any spray...
Really?

Originally Posted by foose04
On to tonight, first time out with new BW unit by Boost lab. I left it at 15psi as that maxes out my 102lb injectors and it held a 11.6-11.9 air/fuels.

Full weight, minus passenger seat and track tires, comes in at 4580. First pass left at 3300 2step / 5psi. Second and third pass at 3400, truck dead hooks but lacked some kick to power those deeper 60s. Nitrous was on 2200-3000 to get it on the 2step faster, but off during the pass.

Also shifted the second pass at 6500, mph went down, so I shifted at 7000 like I did on first pass, seems this cam/turbo work very well together up there.

Excited and ready to go for it with 35 set to come on at 4200 to 6900, two wrecks happened back to back and closed the track for the night. Wasn't meant to be for 9s! I need to try 3500 to get it 60 better or let the little 35 wet shot 60 foot it or eat the whole way.... Maybe next time, this turbo is extremely strong at 15psi and the rest of the truck is working awesome.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

We are talking cylinder pressure not boost... not sure what heads op has, but if he has some worked heads thats could seriously change things.

Why are you so sure tune didnt hurt it? you can kill an engine without it being wot... whats timing and fuel cruising, light accel, coming into boost, brake boosting, wot. all of it can hurt something. you need to figure out why before you do it again. what gaskets are you running also?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
Yes and na guys blow head gaskets also... just because this one guy did it doesnt mean every person can. there are many more variables than that. heads, cam, cr, turbo, intake, fuel, timing, gear ratio, weight, converter, gasket type, iats, and the list goes on
Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Head gaskets will never blow for no reason, there always a reason for it, gm knew better when they built the engine, witch I do have a reason so it could be, I'm just saying the power did not cause it. How do people make 1400hp using the same heads, gaskets, studs that I have and never have a problem? I don't understand why people keep telling me I blew a gasket because of my power level. I'm just wondering if its possible it could leak at only high rpm/boost and seal back up again every time, or could my coolent tank be to low cause it? Trapped air in the system?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nu
Originally Posted by chevrolet all the way
We are talking cylinder pressure not boost... not sure what heads op has, but if he has some worked heads thats could seriously change things.

Why are you so sure tune didnt hurt it? you can kill an engine without it being wot... whats timing and fuel cruising, light accel, coming into boost, brake boosting, wot. all of it can hurt something. you need to figure out why before you do it again. what gaskets are you running also?
Tuning is fine, we have gone throw it 100 times and logged every pull and have never had a problem. Heads are stock 706s. and a smaller bore will not lift as much on the head.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

We? Who is we? You cant even spell coolant correct but tunning a very on edge engine setup? You never answered my questions just said its correct. a head will not lift and go back and everything be ok. You even said it yourself. gaskets dont just blow. something is wrong. next challenge is to find out what
Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ls1freek does all my tuning, he's my brother and does custom tuning on ls engines. 34 degrees at wot before going into boost and 12.5 af, then fade it down to 25 degrees at 5psi, 20 degrees at 10 psi, 18 at 18 psi and 17 at 20psi. And the af fades to 11.2 by 5 psi and stays that way the hole time. Can't remember cruising timing but we were gunna move it up because it was a bit low for e85. Lol I may have miss spelled coolant but I could tune just fine if I wanted to, just never had a reason to sence he lives just down town.

Quick Reply: pushing coolent into reservoir at wot..