FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

ProCharger Introduces Revolutionary Programmable Ratio Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default ProCharger Introduces Revolutionary Programmable Ratio Supercharger!

All this was taken off the LSXTV website. Pretty sweet def a game changer thought it was worth posting up for the procharger guys...

One of the inherent issues with superchargers is there isn’t an easy way to control boost; you have to pop the hood, remove the belt, and change the pulleys. People have put intake wastegates and boost controllers on superchargers, but this is typically bad for the supercharger, since it’s typically going to operate at full bore all the time. On the other side of the spectrum, large turbochargers create issues in form of turbo lag and increased under-hood heat – or smaller turbos typically taper off boost levels at higher RPM.

ProCharger has stepped up to the plate to create a product that’s undoubtedly one of the most revolutionary designs available in the aftermarket. What’s all the fuss? ProCharger calls it a programmable ratio supercharger. Think of a constant velocity transmission in a late-model vehicle that has the ability to vary gear ratios on the fly. When you take off from a start, A larger belt drive pulley with a smaller supercharger pulley will create immediate boost at low RPMs, and as the revs continue to climb, those pulley sizes begin to automatically reverse to give constant boost pressure at virtually any RPM.

The touchscreen display acts like a boost controller with four levels of boost. This technology will allow you to make more torque at a lower rpm, more horsepower at redline, and changeable on the fly for different driving conditions. There is no doubt that ProCharger’s Programmable Ratio Supercharger will be a strong contender for SEMA’s best product award.

ProCharger Debuts Programmable Ratio Supercharger, an Industry First

LENEXA, Kan. – Accessible Technologies, Inc., manufacturer of ProCharger supercharger systems, is proud to introduce the industry’s first programmable ratio supercharger, the i-1® ProCharger. Featuring an intelligent control system and optional touch screen display, drivers can switch between 3 factory supplied performance modes, as well as a custom mode. The patented programmable i-1® design produces immediate response, even at low engine rpm, without any turbo lag or power falloff at higher engine rpm. Check out this new product in action and see the innovative internal design via 3D animation at

This latest addition to the product line delivers the many benefits of the current ProCharger offering, while adding programmable boost and cockpit control as additional features. Designed and manufactured in the USA, i-1® ProChargers feature exclusive billet impellers and rugged gear cases. Programmable boost is delivered by a highly durable variable ratio transmission design, with a rugged dry hybrid drive. ProCharger i-1® supercharger systems will begin shipping in early 2013 for a variety of late model vehicles, including 2010-13 Camaro SS, 2011-13 5.0L Mustang GT, 2008-13 LS3 C6 Corvette, HEMI 6.1L and 5.7L Challenger/Charger/300, Ford 6.2/5.4 F-150 and GM 6.2/6.0/5.3 Truck/SUV applications.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Hmm, interesting. Pretty neat.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, who's gonna be the first one to try one here?

I wonder if there's a retrofit setup for existing pro chargers?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:38 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering when something like this was going to happen, was thinking they could work a snowmobile clutch into the mix and can't believe how small they got it packaged.

I still think this CVT will be cooler than a belt...but you have to start somewhere. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...pulley-500802/
Old 10-26-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow! Impressive.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Can't see video .
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this link:

I can't seem to stop the video from embedding, but it's not going to play embedded. Click the link in the title.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's basically how a go-cart/snowmobile clutch works. I'm curious how long that belt will last and cost to replace it? And the cost of the whole unit! Also seems pretty large. Cool idea though!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks for the link.
Looks cool, and spendy. Should help so guy if they want to use a blower.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

There shouldnt be any extra wear on the internal belt. those belts are designed for that. they arent stretching or slipping at any point. the outer edges are made for movement on the pullies but thats all.

Quick Reply: ProCharger Introduces Revolutionary Programmable Ratio Supercharger!