FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Oil Everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have had my kit on for a year with no oil pump issues. Never had the buzzer go off, no oil in the tailpipe. Had a residual amount of oil in the intake pipe but it was a very small amount.
I wonder if tapping into the pan for the return would help the pump out any? Doubt it but just a thought. Looks like I have to start worrying about upgrading the pump now too.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are plenty of kits out there and only a small % have issues and some of those are the fault of the installer.
As far as "milky oil", if you get some oil in the exhaust, it mixes with the condesation in the exhaust and you have a milk shake.
When we replace the motor, we usually move the return to the oil pan. It keeps the return flat and there is no quick connect to deal with.
More often than not, its the check valve that is at fault when there is oil in the charge pipe and exhaust. There should not be any flow at all when the motor is off. If the check valve doesnt seal well enough or debris gets in the seat, then you will have a drip. Even one drip a minute over night will put enough oil in the turbo to spill over into the compressor and turbine housings. Contrary to popular belief, there is no positive seal in the turbo, only what looks like piston rings on the shaft. If enough oil gets in, it will spill into the sides.
Also, for those of you who keep the sock on, that can cause some oil in the charge pipe. That sock has only 1/10th of the surface area of the filter. If it cant suck enough air, it crates suction on the center section and will draw some oil into the compressor. It wont be alot, but can happen.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

are u sure u didnt blow ur motor cuz thats ur water and the oil mixed coming out of ur exhaust. thats what happin when i blew cly.#7 check ur oil return and dip stick. it might not reach the dip stick yet cus the water sits on top but i would be worried. is the motor missing or are ne dtc on?
Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

my oil pump sounds like **** and only has 3,000 miles on it. it sound like it wants to give up n e day
Old 01-18-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kenihemi
I am in the process of installing a second, backup oil pump.

It will use a seperate power feed and will come on if the primary pump fails.

I was at the track earlier this year. Hit a hard 2nd gear and didn't have the rubber booty on the hobbs switch for the pump. The switch terminal hit ground and blew the fuse, stopping the pump.

Oil was pouring out of the pipes and dripping out of the turbo.

i was doing about 80 when my pump failed...hell of a smoke screen
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine gives me a whine everyonce of a while. But other than that no problem.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mine works good but one time my relay broke and i was smoking out the back and my ***** went into my stomach! i thought i blew something up , but found the bad relay, sts guys, carry an extra one, its the same relay you use for driving lights, also i dont think my pump kicks on high, what is a simple test?
Old 01-18-2006, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

"Under boost the oil pump power supply bypasses the in-line resistor and goes to full voltage which does increase the speed of the oil pump. It happens automatically every time you go over 1psi boost." A quote from my buddy David South over at STS.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Avsfan
"Under boost the oil pump power supply bypasses the in-line resistor and goes to full voltage which does increase the speed of the oil pump. It happens automatically every time you go over 1psi boost." A quote from my buddy David South over at STS.
My pump makes loud buzzing noises when the oil is cold and relatively quiet otherwise.

Dave is the best, I must add as well. He has helped me out about a dozen times!!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to carry a relay... if it fails just jump the wires on the air pump all to the same post. That puts the pump into full time high speed mode and bypasses the relay altogether.

Quick Reply: Oil Everywhere