FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Next build plans!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, here's a silly question... Is that 376 set up for boost?

Why do you think you have exhaust flow problems? Hell, why do you think you have any problems?? The codes? You know that the PCM is designed to throw codes when something is screwy, and if that screwy something resolves itself (e.g. misfires or whatever) the code automatically unsets?

If you are getting codes and just resetting them all the time... uh, why?? Track them down and figure out why its setting the code.

Just drive it for a while until you can stop freaking out about it. You are NOT going to fix the problem you current having by adding new stuff to your truck.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the LSX 376 has forged pistons in it and a 9 to 1 compression ratio, gm designed for boosted application you should read about it and has 2 yr warranty I am not saying it's the best engine just that the price is right, and the codes I was getting, I actually think I got them squared away, tomorrow I will probably gutt the cat, maybe it could just act as resonator. And when you guys turboed your trucks did you notice anything different about how the truck drove pertaining to the engine, before installed the kit the engine was pretty smooth and now it is not so smooth and you can feel it through the pedal and floorboard maybe it is exhaust resonance just feels rough hope the engine is ok maybe it is just me!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Sounds like you have a tune off, or a pc of exhaust touching. sure the trucks run different they are turbo'd.. But at idle of idle just cruising the truck should feel the same, until you put your foot into it. Your throttle resonce should be better off idle but thats it.
2 year warranty, through GM hmmmmmmm doubt they will warranty a blown engine from bad tune, etc. Might get that in writing if you are banking on that warranty sanding up. Or play the not sure what happened card if something goes wrong.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

I say go ahead and change the setup.....the economy can use every boost it can get
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
I say go ahead and change the setup.....the economy can use every boost it can get
quote of the day
Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Banned

Well it runs good, faster than a stripped *** ape! Hell maybe I will just crank it up 15lbs!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned

On second thought I will not do that I need to keep my orders to my new base get the hell out of south Ga!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
hell yeah, gonna get a big boost from him lol
Old 01-14-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Why don't you go easy on it until Erik at HOB can do a full street/dyno tune on it?
Old 01-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Yeah the harshness that I have been feeling about 1500 rpm's I am pretty sure the turbo is on the way out, I dicided to check the end play and it is like .020-.030 in an up down motion I called turbonetics because I still have a 1 year warranty with it and they said it should be around .003-.006 and it is very close to touching the housing but I do not have the time to send it off because of my relocation in a couple of weeks hopfully it makes it there they said if it is that bad I might be able to upgrade to the ball bearing water cooled but I will have to wait until I get there and does my truck have a water shutoff on my heater hoses that would keep me from going water cooled!

Quick Reply: Next build plans!