FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

New FMIC should arrive today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 07:52 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

made it a little bit bigger for ya' Dave...still better to just click the link...

I'm just a retard that rubs grease and **** in his hair...
Old 04-08-2007, 08:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buster put beads on my pipes and cut 2 of them for free. I gave him 20 bux anyway

Al call me if you are coming over today. I will move my car so you can use MSS to do your i/c We are leaving at 12:30 ish.....sux cause i wanna work on my hoopty!!

Al and Dave....yall need to buy me bluetooth and a license each and i will put the roadrunner in your vehicles bt is 99....license is 99 each. Dave can then touch up or change his tune afterwards with hptuners. Al, you will still just have to be my bitch.

Dave the i/c tank flip is supposed to be worth some IAT..15-25 degrees...uses more of the core. Might be a good mod for ya. I am gonna try a small i/c fan to help with the 20-30 degree heat gain during burnout and staging. Al was not running the engine in the staging lanes last time. With no airflow at burnout/stage...he was gaining 25-30 degrees over ambient. Dave and i will be worse because we are building boost/heat on the starting line.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 AM
11 Second Truck Club

what's the bluetooth for?
wouldn't you still need to have something plugged into the OBD2 connection to receive the info from your laptop? or the RR links directly w/o going through the connection if you get the BT? if so...that's cool...
I do want to get an EFI Live license for $99...
btw...I got a catalog for the new vendor that we have an acct with that has the warehouse in Austell...If you want one as well...I can get ya' one for $5...then you can let me know if you need anything and I can order it...they deliver 3 times a week...
Old 04-08-2007, 09:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bt is for the roadrunner only. I have a usb cable for efilive...plugs into obdII port like hptuners. I also have a usb cable run under my dash...thru firewall connected directly to roadrunner pcm. I aint snatching the roadrunner cable out everytime which is where the bt comes in. Actually we could do it with just efilive and yalls pcm...just have to stop on side of road..update tune file...u/l to pcm and drive again like we always have. Roadrunner just lets you do it realtime without ever stopping the vehicle...plus i can change shiftpoints or ANYTHING in REALTIME so you can say immediately if you like a change or not.....no stopping on side of road...turn key on..load tune etc.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:12 AM
11 Second Truck Club

so we would still remove the RR from the vert...install it in the truck...then communicate w/ laptop via BT?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
11 Second Truck Club

got the smaller ProCharger FMIC off...
got the pipes, coupler and 90* cleaned off...
got the coupler cut down a bit...
got the coupler and 90* on the new FMIC...
going back outside to fight mosquitoes (WTF...already?) and see if I can slide this biotch in place with a lil' lubrication and a lil' persuasion...
BRB...
it's not gonna direct fit...that's for sure...
90* is almost folded in half...
enuf for tonight...skeeters are tearing my *** up...
maybe I can swap one elbow pipe from one side to another
and that may shift things around enuf to work...
supposed to rain all day tomorrow...
let me go read through 'Black Blown 02's thread again...
Attached Thumbnails New FMIC should arrive today...-041007fmic1.jpg   New FMIC should arrive today...-041007fmic2.jpg   New FMIC should arrive today...-041007fmic3.jpg  
Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I just went back to the pt.net thread where 'Black Blown 02' did a similar FMIC...I see what he did now...I think I can make it work with the same stuff I have by flipping the IC around where the driver side will connect with the coupler near the frame and the pass side will use the 90* near the bumper...it won't sit dead center, but neither did his...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 PM
11 Second Truck Club

that plan didn't work...
new fmic is too long to work that way...
many thanks to cablebandit for stopping by the house, taking a look at the setup and helping out with an extra brain...2 extra eyes and 2 extra hands...
we re-routed the ProCharger pipe and elbow coming from the purge valve down to the fmic...routing it to the other side of the frame towards driver side...
seems to work with existing stuff now... I linked two HVAC ty-wraps together and cinched the fmic into place on left and rightn then tightened all the 90* and coupler clamps...got 4 metal braces cut and bent to my liking for further support...just need to install them using the threaded mounts on the fmic and a few frame and bumper bolts, then remove the ty-wraps...gonna try to lower the pass. side end a bit to level it...battery was dead on my drill, so i couldn't drill holes in the braces...slid a couple vacuum caps over the two bumper bolts right in the front...truck is driveable now...I'll finish the braces tomorrow or Saturday morning...I hope I don't blow a coupler or a 90* off in the morning when I put my foot in it on the way to work
Attached Thumbnails New FMIC should arrive today...-fmic_ps.jpg   New FMIC should arrive today...-fmic_ds.jpg   New FMIC should arrive today...-fmic_front.jpg  

Last edited by Superado; 04-13-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM
11 Second Truck Club

so far...so good...
been riding with my Predator plugged in to monitor the IAT...about 10 degrees above ambient is about as high as I have seen it go...that's from romping on it a few times this morning in 49* weather and this afternoon in 65* weather...haven't stayed in it through a 1/4 mile yet...
Old 04-14-2007, 07:10 AM
11 Second Truck Club

stayed in it a little longer yesterday afternoon at 75 ambient...IAT reached 96...cooled down immediately after removal of foot from radiator ...down to about 82...
a/f however, that has been running about 11.5 @ WOT is dropping to 10.5 or less... ...very similar to 'black blown 02's results...need to have cablebandit lean it out a tick or two...I guess the cooler, more dense air is resulting in the computer dumping more fuel than needed...especially with the little bit of meth I'm spraying under boost...too much is better than not enough...SOTP meter is happy...leaner a/f will feel even better I'm sure...

Quick Reply: New FMIC should arrive today...