FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Manual boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual boost controller

I just got a twin turbo kit that comes preset @8psi
i would like to have a mbc to switch it to 12psi when I want but will that need its own tune? How is every else running 2 diff boost levels. Thanks
Old 07-19-2017, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

It's not that is needs a completely different tune, it's just that you better make sure fueling is still there with extra boost.

The VE table on a 2 bar tune will have all the room you need to tune for higher boost levels you are wanting.

You may also have to play with timing but it should still be able to be done on the same tune. I wouldn't just whack it 12 psi if it's only tuned for 8psi that's for sure.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

basicly have it tuned all the way to your max boost from the get go. Thin lets say u want to run on 8psi it will be tuned for it. If u want 15-20psi and u tuned it originally to 24psi it should still be fine. Because everything was tuned up to 24psi if this makes since. the 2 main things for a boosted app are timing and fueling. If u have those 2 tuned for your boost level u should be fine.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Ok cool,thanks for the respons. Fuel shouldn't be an issue with 80lb injectors and 450 fuel pump. So pretty much tune for 12psi and anything under that is safe? And will the tuner know how to get it to 12psi without a boost gauge or will he see it off the map sensor?
reson I ask is I'm debating on keeping my stock map(08 Silverado 5.3) or getting the 2bar
Old 07-20-2017, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Not sure how it was tuned for boost without a 2 bar map.

Using just the MAF isn't enough to me, not tuning the VVE for boost is just silly and a quick dirty way to tune.

Currently without a 2 bar map you were just tuned on the MAF and he'd have to have his own MAP/boost gauge to know what the actual boost is. Buy a 2 bar map and get both tuned but it seems doubtful if they didn't even say anything the first time that they won't even care that you bought a 2 bar map.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Teching In

There not installed yet just trying to get it right this first time before I take it to the tuner. But I guess that answers my question about the map sensor