FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnuson help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnuson help

I have a 2003 H2 and just got a maggie for it. I need a tune and am trying to decide between maggies tune or custom. To get the custom one done they would like a copy of the maggie tune as a base to start with. Is there a way to get a copy of their tune without buying their tuner or should I just use maggies tune? Truck will also have the following: lt headers, high flow cats, gibson exhaust, and dual electric fans.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is an experienced tuner he will not copy the magnuson tune. He will start with your stock tune and mod that with what is needed.

If you can find someone that has a copy of the magie tune it will still have to be written to fit your vin ect..

If you are doing all those mods you might want to consider having a tuner do it. There are several guys that can just depends on your geographic location
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ttkresurfacing
I have a 2003 H2 and just got a maggie for it. I need a tune and am trying to decide between maggies tune or custom. To get the custom one done they would like a copy of the maggie tune as a base to start with. Is there a way to get a copy of their tune without buying their tuner or should I just use maggies tune? Truck will also have the following: lt headers, high flow cats, gibson exhaust, and dual electric fans.

Thanks,
Tim
I would recommend using the provided Magnacharger Tune with your kit, ensure proper operation, then go from there.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that when I had my maggie I ran into trouble using the tune they sent me. Once you start throwing other mods in there it can get tricky using the "stock" maggie tune. With the mods you posted you should be fine, but anything more radical than that I would recommend a custom dyno tune.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Teching In

I am in Charlotte, NC. The guy to do the custom tuning wanted the tune from maggie as a starting point, then adjust from there. The biggest problem I am finding with a custom tune is trying to dyno an AWD. He said "maybe" he could dyno it by removing front driveshaft, but didn't sound good to me. Magnuson said they would customize the tune to anything I need, so I just wanted opinions from people that weren't trying to sell me stuff.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I am in Charlotte, NC. The guy to do the custom tuning wanted the tune from maggie as a starting point, then adjust from there. The biggest problem I am finding with a custom tune is trying to dyno an AWD. He said "maybe" he could dyno it by removing front driveshaft, but didn't sound good to me. Magnuson said they would customize the tune to anything I need, so I just wanted opinions from people that weren't trying to sell me stuff.

Thanks,
Tim
when you buy your kit, tell them what mods are on your truck(info sheet) and they(Magnuson) will send you an appropriate tune, should be part of the purchase process. Magnusons tuner is VERY competent
Old 11-14-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks,
Tim
I have an 05' Silverado. Will be installing the Magnuson soon. I too have the tuning for the 6.0L. I will not be using the Magnuson tuning software. I will be going with a different cam.
I'll sell you the tuning programmer if your interested. It should be the same tuning software since we have the same engine and tranny.
PM me if your interested.

Jim
Old 11-15-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
I have an 05' Silverado. Will be installing the Magnuson soon. I too have the tuning for the 6.0L. I will not be using the Magnuson tuning software. I will be going with a different cam.
I'll sell you the tuning programmer if your interested. It should be the same tuning software since we have the same engine and tranny.
PM me if your interested.

Jim
I looked through your pictures and I saw that the ave economy was 18. I was just wondering what your truck was? 6.0? 3.73? 4l80e? I'm trying to get the economy up on my 6.0 with 4.10's wondered if you had any tips besides lower gears.
Thanks
Old 11-16-2006, 10:08 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can offer this bit of advice......

There is a .001% chance that when there is a problem it is a calibration issue. You should know that Magnsuon has sold well over 1500 H2 Kits and 99.9% of them are running on the supplied calibration. If you do not use the Magnuson calibration for a starting point then you are foolish IMO. I have installed many a supercharger, trust me when I tell you 99.9% of the problems are installer error.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

I would start with the Magnacharger tune , and work from there .That way you can still drive it while you are waiting to get a dyno tune. You might take some time to find a dyno to fit your truck .
Ron

Quick Reply: Magnuson help