Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hows this? Click on the image.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pump signal wire should be the grey wire in the bundle coming out of the fuse box and running down the frame rail. I think it is the same main power wire that supplies the pump. Not sure though.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by mjhoward
The pump signal wire should be the grey wire in the bundle coming out of the fuse box and running down the frame rail. I think it is the same main power wire that supplies the pump. Not sure though.
I would only use the grey fuel pump signal wire if you are going to run it to switch a relay which will then supply power to the pump booster. The grey wire is a signal wire only and is not meant to supply power directly to the fuel pump(s). It should be used to signal the inline fuel pump through a relay in the first place though and can be used the same way with the booster but a relay will need to be added to the booster install.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mort
I would only use the grey fuel pump signal wire if you are going to run it to switch a relay which will then supply power to the pump booster. The grey wire is a signal wire only and is not meant to supply power directly to the fuel pump(s). It should be used to signal the inline fuel pump through a relay in the first place though and can be used the same way with the booster but a relay will need to be added to the booster install.
Thanks Mort. It is a very small guage wire. Which is why I was questioning myself.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:47 PM

I talked to Blown364 today. He has done this install. He told me to disconnect the red wire from the RELAY that is already powering the inline pump. Cut the spade off that wire and connect it to the 12 gauge red wire on the boost a pump with the fuse. Next, take the smaller wire I just cut the spade off of (the red wire to the pump) and connect it to the other 12 gauge boost a pump red wire. Ground to ground, and connect the other two wires to the hobbs. Testing will begin in a few minutes. We are on a dinner break. Picture is hard to see. Let me know what you think...

Old 03-09-2006, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Looks right to me.
Before you button it all up start the truck up to make sure the pump is running.
Then connect the hobb switch wires together to test the pump. You will hear it speed up as it should.

Let us know how it turns out

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
I talked to Blown364 today. He has done this install. He told me to disconnect the red wire from the RELAY that is already powering the inline pump. Cut the spade off that wire and connect it to the 12 gauge red wire on the boost a pump with the fuse. Next, take the smaller wire I just cut the spade off of (the red wire to the pump) and connect it to the other 12 gauge boost a pump red wire. Ground to ground, and connect the other two wires to the hobbs. Testing will begin in a few minutes. We are on a dinner break. Picture is hard to see. Let me know what you think...

Old 03-09-2006, 08:06 PM

Done! Took it for a quick 0-60 and 15-80 run and the needle sat at 60 like a rock. I also did a voltage check before I ran it. Went from 12.6V to 16.4. This was at idle using a jumper between the terminals on the Hobbs switch. The best part was when I dropped off the throttle, it didn't do its usual drop into the 40's. It dropped to 50 and stopped. I'm happy now Dyno tune tomorrow morning @ 0900. 2.75" pulley going on......Hopefully I won't blow anything up

SPECIAL THANKS TO Blown364 & BlownChevy for helping with the wiring.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet I can't wait to see what that 2.75 pulley is going to do