FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Made a couple of Radix alterfications

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would someone please explain what a TAC module is and does. Maybe timing-advance-control ?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:47 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Throttle actuator control - little black box mounted on the firewall that reads the accellerator pedal sensors and controls the throttle body blade movement, then reports the resutls to the PCM. Basically the brains for the trucks electric throttle body.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:49 AM
TECH Addict

Nice work, and glad to see the LS2 TBs working.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:32 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
The SSR TB is cheaper. I'm going to do it without a TAC swap. There is no need for major modifications to the j-tube or whatever you want to call it either. There is plenty of room for a 90mm opening on the stock flange. In fact, I can easily swap the 78mm and 90mm TBs with minimal effort. I'm not buying a speartech harness either.

They are close in price, we did notice that the ID was a bit smaller on the SSR TB, not enough to make a huge difference. Both the SSR TB and the Vette TB's TPS sensors read the same, the 03 trucks might not require the TAC module to be swapped. If you are not using the harness then you are pulling the plug apart and re-installing the pins on the new tb in the correct order, this may be simple for you...but most will benefit from the harness for ease of install. Allthough the modifications to the J-Tube can be done your way, I chose to weld a new flange on for apperance reasons. Either way the end result is the same! Good work Tex, Great minds think alike!

Last edited by BlownChevy; 01-26-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ok. Which one is easier and which one is cheaper. swaping to a pre 03 aftermarket 90mm and running the old cable system or going with the dbw 90mm. I'm trying to figure out the real advantages with the dbw. It has just caused problems for me.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:51 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
Ok. Which one is easier and which one is cheaper. swaping to a pre 03 aftermarket 90mm and running the old cable system or going with the dbw 90mm. I'm trying to figure out the real advantages with the dbw. It has just caused problems for me.

Not sure what problems it has caused you.....If you were looking for ease, I would go with the 90MM Vette TB.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Not sure what problems it has caused you.....If you were looking for ease, I would go with the 90MM Vette TB.
Just idleing issues. I feel there are more problems trying to get a manual trans engine to idle down correctly without stumbling. An auto always has a little load on it when in gear thus slowing down when letting off the throttle is a little easier of a transition due to being able to crack the throttle plate a little more to maintain the same idle speed. Do you mean the 90MM DBW Vette TB? Look forward to you guys posting up the details.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:25 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
Just idleing issues. I feel there are more problems trying to get a manual trans engine to idle down correctly without stumbling. An auto always has a little load on it when in gear thus slowing down when letting off the throttle is a little easier of a transition due to being able to crack the throttle plate a little more to maintain the same idle speed. Do you mean the 90MM DBW Vette TB? Look forward to you guys posting up the details.
most of the low speed issue's are related to non parabolic designed TB's. We have seen Zero idling issues thus far with a parabolic designed TB

The vette TB is a full 90mm, the SSR TB is somewhat obstructed, this is why we chose the vette TB over the SSR, although both have been tested and work fine
Old 01-26-2006, 09:34 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, I chose the SSR LS2 throttle body because of it closely resembles the 78mm trucks throttle body. Idle issues were a concern with me. For years, the C5 vette guys have had some idle issues going with larger ported TBs. The truck and SSR TB have the blade shrouded a little at low throttle angles, so I figured it would be easier to work out idle issues on the SSR model. In the past, I hand ported a truck throttle body and removed all the extra material hindering airflow at low throttle. It took some work to get it to idle properly without having cruise effects when slowing down. Hopefully I won't have to spend much time messing with tuning it in. If the vette model works without any tuning, then thats even better. Once I get everything back together and tested, I may hand port the TB some.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

very nice work to all you guys let out the secrets and we shall see.....

Quick Reply: Made a couple of Radix alterfications