FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Lsa swap what intercooler pump did you use

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt1z383
Trying to decide to try to pull intake back to factory spot to volant box or do like your pic and swap it to drivers side. Who's tank? Trying to see from pic hose order but hard to seee for hooking it up. Can u describe? Thanks
upper hose on the coolant tank goes to the lower inlet on the supercharger lid. the lower hose on the tank goes straight to the the hx pump, out from the pump into the upper fitting on the hx out. the lower hx fitting to the lid. i think thats right..lol. its setup so that all the air is basically pushed back up to the highest point in system to self bleed
Old 11-18-2016, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course they don't have any says back ordered when tried to buy it. So still looking for a good one to use. Also going to run engine ice in the system. For those that don't know read up on it. We used it in race cars round track and dropped temps 30 or more degrees from antifreeze mix
Old 11-18-2016, 04:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecity85
upper hose on the coolant tank goes to the lower inlet on the supercharger lid. the lower hose on the tank goes straight to the the hx pump, out from the pump into the upper fitting on the hx out. the lower hx fitting to the lid. i think thats right..lol. its setup so that all the air is basically pushed back up to the highest point in system to self bleed
I may be confused, but wouldn't you want the top outlet on the blower going to the tank? that would be the proper way in my mind to bleed air...
Old 11-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Yea lets clear this up before I do this. lol I have read a few ways of how the pumps rather push then pull and how to mount them so want this to be correct for sure for the best cooling affect.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:28 PM

you do want the pump to push, and you want it lower than your tank.

You want the tank to be the highest point in the system to bleed air.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

The hx I got does have a cap on it so wasn't going to even run a tank but so many said need the extra water in the system so better to run one even if was only a small stock one like gt500 or stock zl1. Going to mount the hx in grill area above bumper if will fit there and pump below it then tank where spare battery would be on the 07 driver side behind head light. I have a tig and was going to build one from aluminum but hate the heat soak it will get being a big heat sink in the engine compartment with no flow. Liked the trick one being composite but back ordered so will keep looking. Anyone know the psi these systems run at? Can't be more then 7 as most pumps due out a lot over that pressure thinking around 4-5 but if someone has put a gauge on theirs that would be great even though it will vary system to system. Thinking the brick is the choke point on all these systems though. Since I have a cap I will put my radiator pressure gauge on it when done to do a little data searching to post for others.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:43 PM

It's around 6 psi I believe. Vortec350ss pressure tested his, but with a varimax pump.

If you use a HEX with a cap and no tank then you'd want the cap to be the highest point.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

i used this diagram i found on the ctsv forum..im not sure how correct the info is.
Attached Thumbnails Lsa swap what intercooler pump did you use-cstv-cooler-diagram-bmr_zpspu6oyxek.jpg  
Old 11-18-2016, 04:56 PM

that diagram is wrong, in no situation would you have the pump pumping into the tank.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GM1697
that diagram is wrong, in no situation would you have the pump pumping into the tank.
these were the other 2. im not sure if these are right either. how would you recommend routing the hoses?
Attached Thumbnails Lsa swap what intercooler pump did you use-3.jpg   Lsa swap what intercooler pump did you use-cstv-cooler-diagram-2.jpg  

Last edited by musclecity85; 11-18-2016 at 05:57 PM.