FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

kenne bell intercooled vs radix

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I plan on calling them tom. to get some smaller pulleys so I might have to inquire about the new kit to get some details... I would like to know as well.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After Seeing this Dyno chart from the 2.8L "on manifold setup" at - 800+ HP Im probably going to stay with KB for a while. If you can do a little custom fab, this is your supercharger. If you are looking for a complete kit then go with the new maggie.

Attached Thumbnails kenne bell intercooled vs radix-kenne-bell-dyno.jpg  
Old 08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't considering a KB but I may reconsider becasue that looks like a pretty impressive kit. It appears to have some real potential and its hard argue with the results the Lighning guys have had with the KB's. It looks like they recommend the 2.6L for our trucks but I am thinking the 2.8L tuner kits sounds good!!
Old 08-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by Steve88
I wasn't considering a KB but I may reconsider becasue that looks like a pretty impressive kit. It appears to have some real potential and its hard argue with the results the Lighning guys have had with the KB's. It looks like they recommend the 2.6L for our trucks but I am thinking the 2.8L tuner kits sounds good!!
Yes it does, better put forged internals on your list too if you are going to utilize the 2.8.... I want one. But mine will do for now.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Yes it does, better put forged internals on your list too if you are going to utilize the 2.8.... I want one. But mine will do for now.
so what #s does yours put down? any timeslips too?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Admin

No AWD dyno around me however if I take a trip to Michigan with TimZ I might have to locate one there. Best run at the track last year was 13.49@102 w/crappy 60ft. This was 8lb no intercooler. Havent had it to the track this year still working on my tune after the intercooler ( I am trying to learn how to tune while tuning so...) I will hit the track up at least once before the end of the season.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Admin

I will be happy if I can get this 5900# pig into the 12's, I imagine Ill have to up the boost being that I am only at 6lb right now.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Admin

I wouldnt suggest one without a intercooler, non intercooled my Iat's were sky high. Now they are around 12 above after a dead stop to middle of third run..
Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
TRUCK / SUV KITS
The 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 “TS” kits use the exact same kit as the Corvette except for the inlet system in front of the throttle body and some minor hardware changes.

I never said I seen it.....I know you have a radix and obviously that is what you favor, the radix is a great kit. However he asked about both so I am just trying to provide the information that is available. As far as the intercooler that has been coming soon for the previous truck kits- I doubt it will ever appear now that they have a new setup, this is why I made my own....

Now back to the question, The radix kit is tried and proven and is a great kit. According to KB's web site the New Kit they have will work on a truck, now as far as the details of it I cannot answer. I do know on the Vette forums they have hit like 850hp with it on a 402 so it has some potential....
"The 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 “TS” kits use the exact same kit as the Corvette except for the inlet system in front of the throttle body and some minor hardware changes."

This quote has been on their website, if I remember correctly, since I was shopping for kits back in April. One might think with just the "minor" differences the kit would have been available by now... and you would be hearing from happy KB's customers right here on this forum. All I hear regarding the KB truck kit right now is crickets... and the guy that started this thread should know that. Anybody interested in a KB truck kit... call Kenne Bell and see how far you get. I tried in April and got nowhere... that doesn't diminish my interest in the kit... just its availability to me. I am interested to see when someone actually gets a kit on a truck and lets us know how it performs.

Just because I own a Magnuson kit does not mean I "favor" one product over another... I love it when people tell others what I think

Bill
Old 08-28-2006, 06:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was absolutely dead set on the KB when i was shopping for blowers. I liked the simplicity of the install for the 8.1L and the fact that they sold injectors with the kits. As soon as i told them i had a P/U truck and not a burb they said sorry cant help you and would answer no more questions what so ever. All this just because i have an Allison tranny. I was just about to call back and get it anyway and just tell them it was for a Suburban. I felt if i had problems i might run into a brick wall if i ever had to tell them what truck it actually went in so i opted for the Whipple. The customer support there was less than par at Whipple as well, but at least they supported the pick up truck with the Allison in it. I love the look of the KB and the performance seems great too, but those guys over there were really tough to deal with and they slammed the door right in my face. Maybe i should just get a prius, I heard they can take a Viper from a 40 mph roll....LMAO!

Quick Reply: kenne bell intercooled vs radix