Old 01-05-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't be a puss, pill it till you kill it
Old 01-05-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
If one of us were to do this...would a dry shot in front of the MAF be the best way? Why go wet when the shot is so small? (That's wide open for so many comments ) How do you tune for N2O through the Radix? If you go after the MAF, how does the PCM know whats coming in? Do you have to set it up so that every WOT run is setup as if it was getting N2O even when your bottle is empty or turned off? I know the WOT switch controls if N2O actually gets sprayed, but what tells the computer to adjust timing, etc..? Not ti hijack but I think if I/we understood the concept a little better maybe I would be willing to try it out...

The PCM should see the N20 as additional air via the MAF. Then the 02's should see the A/F drop. Basically you are relying on the PCM to fuel it.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but with the Radix, the iat sensor is now after the blower. THe idea of spraying into the maf is the iat sensor would see the lower temps, and shoot more fuel, right?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I do a wet kit the MAF is out of the pic because I would be spraying after the MAF. Being wet, the fuel will already be there but how does the computer know and adjust timing for the extra fuel and higher octane? Does the PCM have to wait until the O2 sensors pick it all up? That seems like it would take a second to respond. Now... a 50 dry shot before the MAF I understand.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

This subject is really over my head. I think with a wet kit at WOT it will follow the Main Spark vs. Airflow vs. RPM table for timing at WOT. Which should be tuned. Problem is if you tune for NOS it would be wrong when you don't run the NOS.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

With the Radix the IAT sensor is after the blower. And you can adjust the timing based on the lower IAT readings. Outside air temps will play into the IAT as well. Most of the timing you'll need to pull will be at the top end for 125 shots and less.

Originally Posted by KySilverado
This subject is really over my head. I think with a wet kit at WOT it will follow the Main Spark vs. Airflow vs. RPM table for timing at WOT. Which should be tuned. Problem is if you tune for NOS it would be wrong when you don't run the NOS.
Yes, but only for the IAT range that you set the lower timing values for. I've attached a IAT spark table

Arg the files to big I'll do it later unless someone else can post one..

Last edited by MNC5; 01-07-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Here we go.......

This has been asked. Never 100% answered. First, your Radix is made of aluminum. N2O is an oxidizer. You will, over time, destroy your Radix housing and rotors...
Your cylinder heads and pistons are aluminum too, right?

I think blown may have said something about destrying the coating on the lobes with meth, but I don't recall anything about N2o.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

You'd have to ask a chemist. N2O is stored in aluminum cylinders sometimes and they dont break down and explode or leak. Blown is the one who told me that N2O was gonna eat up the Radix. Maybe its a different alloy mix. My heads don't look or feel anything like the radix housing, and yes, they are both aluminum.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by MNC5

Arg the files to big I'll do it later unless someone else can post one..

Send em my way, D. I'll host 'em.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

You'd have to ask a chemist. N2O is stored in aluminum cylinders sometimes and they dont break down and explode or leak. Blown is the one who told me that N2O was gonna eat up the Radix. Maybe its a different alloy mix. My heads don't look or feel anything like the radix housing, and yes, they are both aluminum.
Maybe the rotors?

Quick Reply: how much nitrous through radix