Hemi Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:14 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi Supercharger?

Check this out.
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/dodge/hemi57/hemi57.htm
I wonder what "Due to calibration difficulties the introduction of this kit has been delayed". actually means?
Them Dodge boys just can't catch a break. Although 500 hp sounds pretty strong.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Check this out.
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/dodge/hemi57/hemi57.htm
I wonder what "Due to calibration difficulties the introduction of this kit has been delayed". actually means?
Them Dodge boys just can't catch a break. Although 500 hp sounds pretty strong.
Well WHEN it comes out there is going to be some serious competition. Guess i better start looking at turbo kits
Old 07-14-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, that kit was supposed to come out over a year ago......freaking dcx computers keep screwing everything up....
Old 07-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Dodge did a good job in "locking" up the pcm. That is what is giving us the most fits. Superchips finally came out with a tuner but it "only" gives us abour 20 hp, 30 tq. I say "only" because I understand you Chevy guys can get much more out of your tuners.

Hopefully, one day, someone will really be able to break the code!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Launching!

I think that SC was supposed to be released over a year and a half ago. I have been truck shopping for a very long time. The aftermarket for both the Dodge and Nissan suck. That was one of the many reasons why I just bought my new chevy. The dodge ram is a good looking truck. The hemi is an awsome enging. Yes it is over-rated and over-hyped but it is still a good engine.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:36 AM
13 Second Truck Club

I spoke with a friend of mine that has an '04 Hemi. Apparently the developmental work was done on the '03 model and when the '04 came out it was quite a bit different in terms of the programming. Back to the drawing board. He has spoken to Hypertech and got basically the same response. It looks like it is going to be a while before any of this happens. They have cat-back systems available (magnaflow I think) so he is going that route next. With a tune, intake mods and an exhaust they are going to be pretty stout.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Truck addict

you know, it seems to me that someone would just come up with a new computer and replace the one dodge has in there. better yet, why don't dodge come up with a computer (like on the older style trucks) that they can sell that opens up the truck. that would make a lot of money for them guys. hell they could probably sell it for 600 or 700 bucks...
Old 07-15-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

basically all those things were supposed to happen and they didn't....they better get it straight before the charger comes out.....
Old 07-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

The superchips 20hp improvment is pretty much felt through the entire rpm range which is nice, but isn't enough. Mopar is rumored to come out with a new computer June of 05, that also includes new injectors. It should be some serious power at the price of very shitty gas milage.

That supercharger would be nice, but it's just a dream right now.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

i hear from some of the dodge boys that any mods they are doing the PCm is finding ways to canceling them out. and going back to stock.
That would really **** me off If I just layed down some money, and DC was screwwing me with thier crappy PCM.

Quick Reply: Hemi Supercharger?