FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

go 90mm TB or go home?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:10 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Thanks to John at Speartech for looking into this and posting up. Between you and Richard, we're getting spoiled...
absolutely agree! thanks guys

I'm confident this will get sorted with us all working together on these last few tidbits
Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a full write of the GTO Computer to run it in the SSR then the TPS% would only raise to 83% TPS for full 100% ETC like all SSR computers. With the GTO/C6 Full Write the Computer shows 88% TPS for full 100% ETC. It is a table that is in the programming so we can adjust the relationship between TPS% vs ETC%.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:01 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
I am wondering how this combo is able to sort out the out of range WOT TPS signals generated by the LS2 TB. I can't see this happening without some change in the tune unless some kind of TP learning is involved. What vehicle is your calibration based on?
The LS2 TB uses the same sensor arrangement as the LS1 Corvette TB which is the same sensor as the 01-02 ETC trucks. These also use the same 4221 TAC module as what the 03-05 truck guys are upgrading to.

So all in all it's just a perfect match of parts when using the LS2 TB on the 01-02 truck, LS1 Corvette, or my 91 Z28.

I'm using an 02 truck calibration with NO tweaks to any of the ETC tables (lots of other "tweaks" of course).
Old 06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
BTW I saw Chris' reply to my question about HPT and editing the ETC tables. I was not talking about the pedal response tables, but rather the ETC MAX POSITION table in EFI Commercial. This table edits "Maximum throttle position that can be commanded."

I have the commerical version of EFI and will play around with this and a 90mm tb when I get a few moments (currently replacing tranny, converting to 2WD, likely changing rear end, etc. etc.... )
Erik - Where is that table at? I have Commercial and can't find it. It's one of the tables that can only be flashed with commercial right? I used to see them but, can't for some reason anymore.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Erik - Where is that table at? I have Commercial and can't find it. It's one of the tables that can only be flashed with commercial right? I used to see them but, can't for some reason anymore.
You have to have the cable plugged into the computer when you start the tuning tool.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by dc_justin
You have to have the cable plugged into the computer when you start the tuning tool.
I usually don't use the tuning tool in the truck with my laptop. I usually just work with the tuning tool on my desktop after logging. That is probably why I haven't seen those tables in a while.

The ETC tables were under "System" right?
Old 06-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I usually don't use the tuning tool in the truck with my laptop. I usually just work with the tuning tool on my desktop after logging. That is probably why I haven't seen those tables in a while.

The ETC tables were under "System" right?
Understand that completely. You just need to have it plugged in when you power up the tuning tool. You can take it out after that.

The ETC tables will be in the Engine Calibration section, beneath Traction Control and will use a red folder instead of the standard yellowish.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just the cable needs to be plugged in, not the PCM.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Yeah, my USB driver was not up to date so my desktop was not noticing the Flashscan device. I went on an upgrade binge and everything is good now.

Back on topic.

I saw no tables in the ETC section that would affect the TB opening less than 100%. The max values allowed are 100% so you couldn't put in 105% or something to try and open it further.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:07 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Speartech
The LS2 TB uses the same sensor arrangement as the LS1 Corvette TB which is the same sensor as the 01-02 ETC trucks. These also use the same 4221 TAC module as what the 03-05 truck guys are upgrading to.

So all in all it's just a perfect match of parts when using the LS2 TB on the 01-02 truck, LS1 Corvette, or my 91 Z28.

I'm using an 02 truck calibration with NO tweaks to any of the ETC tables (lots of other "tweaks" of course).
Looking at the service manuals, I see that the dual LS2 and 01-02 truck TPSensors operate in a similar manner, but the described voltage range of the signal differs [e.g TPS1 at 4.0V(LS2) vs TPS1 at 3.8V(truck) at WOT]. With everything else being equal, it appears that for some reason the 02 OS is able to to deal with the different TPS signal range while the newer OSs run into problems.

edit:see next post

Last edited by DrX; 06-28-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Quick Reply: go 90mm TB or go home?