FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

gmc canyon supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep Trick Has one. Buy one and let us know how it works for you. Im curious as hell to see what one of those will do boosted!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I am going to be near Tricks shop in a couple weeks, I may have to check this new kit out... hehe
Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

WE offer a kit for the 04-07 Colorado, all parts but tuning, injectors, and final exhuast connection.
The kit is in the final stages and we should have some on the shelf ready to ship..
Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
yep Trick Has one. Buy one and let us know how it works for you. Im curious as hell to see what one of those will do boosted!
There is video of one. One of the first turbo'd colorados:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...urbo_27715.htm
Old 08-13-2008, 05:33 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

vid!!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I worked on one of those with a turbo on it (H3 actually). It was quite a challenge to tune in using the stock one bar map. The maf peaked at something like 40lbs or so which meant that you easily peaked the maf and the map sensor. Quite a pain in the ***. The Trick Turbo kit with a 2 bar system would be the way to go. W2W used to have a kit for the Rotrex's. It might be worth trying to find a leftover kit somewhere too.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there any superchargers out there for this little truck?

TrickPerformanceProducts is the turbo a bastard to install?
What about injectors how much more would thay run?
Could Wheatley or Nelson do the tune on that truck?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by chevytruck

TrickPerformanceProducts is the turbo a bastard to install?
What about injectors how much more would thay run?
Could Wheatley or Nelson do the tune on that truck?
The install is pretty easy to do, 1/2 the time as the full size trucks.. Take someone about a day to get it apart and back together taking their time and talking with friends. The hardest part for me, was the 3 bolts on the stock manifold. That took me about an hour to do, seeing how I did not want to break the studds. If it would have been my truck 5 minutes top. to get those 3 nuts off, would not have cared if they broke or not. Taking the grill out was pretty easy about 10 minutes. Then bolt everything back together. You will need to create a new exhaust off the downpipe. It is aimed towards the stock stuff.
Injectors working on it, 04-06 are different then the 07+. So I bought some to check them out, see what they flow, get some measurements etc.
Those guys should be able to dial you in,,, I have not talked to HP but the Colorados are listed on their site for supported vehicles.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zippy
I worked on one of those with a turbo on it (H3 actually). It was quite a challenge to tune in using the stock one bar map. The maf peaked at something like 40lbs or so which meant that you easily peaked the maf and the map sensor. Quite a pain in the ***. The Trick Turbo kit with a 2 bar system would be the way to go. W2W used to have a kit for the Rotrex's. It might be worth trying to find a leftover kit somewhere too.
good luck there. I think less then 5 of those superchargers were produced.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
The install is pretty easy to do, 1/2 the time as the full size trucks.. Take someone about a day to get it apart and back together taking their time and talking with friends. The hardest part for me, was the 3 bolts on the stock manifold. That took me about an hour to do, seeing how I did not want to break the studds. If it would have been my truck 5 minutes top. to get those 3 nuts off, would not have cared if they broke or not. Taking the grill out was pretty easy about 10 minutes. Then bolt everything back together. You will need to create a new exhaust off the downpipe. It is aimed towards the stock stuff.
Injectors working on it, 04-06 are different then the 07+. So I bought some to check them out, see what they flow, get some measurements etc.
Those guys should be able to dial you in,,, I have not talked to HP but the Colorados are listed on their site for supported vehicles.
They are supported, i have a colorado and hptuners. Its pretty much the best "bolt on" you can do with these trucks.

Quick Reply: gmc canyon supercharger