FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Genes Vettes

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to say about this one maybe that figured out something new. Sure sounds like snake oil to me but it is getting media attention. The company that apparently owns the patents on this is called Neohydro Technologies and is based in Canada. They are working with Genes Vettes.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/index...and-32-mpg-Hwy

Just How Green is a 775 hp Twin Turbo Corvette? How About 40 mpg City and 32 mpg Hwy!

Green Interactive Hybrid System Corvette

Neohydro Technologies has perfected its twin turbo system for the C6 Corvette. While the usual performance benefits of a turbo system are present: 775 horsepower and 691 Ft-lb of torque, the real trick on this install is better fuel economy which raises the mileage standard to 40 mpg around town and 32 mpg on the highway.

Neohydro calls their revolutionary twin turbo system the "Green Interactive Hybrid System". The company installs a patented rear-mounted turbo system and then gives it an advanced custom tune that increases the efficiency of the car. Neohydro claims their GIHS system will not only boost horsepower and fuel efficiency, but when purchased with a new GM vehicle, the GIHS system is covered under the full factory warranty.

Green Interactive Hybrid System Corvette Green Interactive Hybrid System Corvette Green Interactive Hybrid System Corvette

While turbo charging is typically used to create more power, one of the benefits is that it also helps create more power with less effort. On the rear-mounted turbo install, the compressed air runs back to the intercooler and then into the engine. Neohydro claims rear-mounted turbo systems are superior to traditional engine-mounted systems because they are efficient, less intrusive, easier to install and are very reliable. The GIHS turbo systems are legal in all 50 states.

Corvette Magazine heard about the GIHS turbo Corvette and recently put the car through its paces. Corvette Magazine's Editor Eric Gustafson said the Corvette is "very fast" and "its a very neat installation. It's nice to get into an aftermarket modified car without the check engine light on." Look for the full review to run in March 2010 issue which hits newsstands in January.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excellent marketing strategy. He'll make millions.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=truckmann;4316770]

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/index...and-32-mpg-Hwy

Just How Green is a 775 hp Twin Turbo Corvette? How About 40 mpg City and 32 mpg Hwy!

Green Interactive Hybrid System Corvette

Neohydro Technologies has perfected its twin turbo system for the C6 Corvette. While the usual performance benefits of a turbo system are present: 775 horsepower and 691 Ft-lb of torque, the real trick on this install is better fuel economy which raises the mileage standard to 40 mpg around town and 32 mpg on the highway.

32 highway and less around town. That's reasonable. These claims aren't. 40mpg? Yea right.......My vette gets 30+ at cruise. Nowhere hear 40. Neat story though..........
Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Well I talked to them today and they informed me that their system is basically a STS system. Where they differentiate is that they dyno tune their vehicles for mileage instead of power. They also enhance components on the sts kit to make it more efficient. I couldn't get them to tell me anything that didn't seem like it was any different than a regular rear mount turbo. But he did tell me that a rear mount makes more power than a front mount? Guess I will wait to see what the corvette mag says with their test. Sounding like snake oil so far.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Guy sounds like a dumbass
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was finally able to get 40 mpg in my corvette in the city, you change the wheel diameter in the pcm and the DIC will come up to the magic 40 mpg mark. It does require a lot of coasting and a down hill test site to hit it.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

lol....lmao......rear mounts make more than front mounts
Old 10-26-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never seen a city mpg rating higher than a hwy rating. That alone seems strange enough, and it also seems as though STS would be seeking legal recourse due to possible build design patent violations and whatnot... clever going direct through the dealers though.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow my sts vette never got numbers like that.......must have been because it was 3 years old at the time with 24K miles...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wonder if they could be sneaking in some lean cruise mode on that thing and not telling anybody.

Quick Reply: Genes Vettes