FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Regulator

Hey I was wondering what kind of FPR do you rum with a Radix Supercharger? I am having problems with my Caddy with the Radix kit. And I have read that maybe it could be my FPR or one of my fuel pumps (in-line or in tank) When the engine warms up, it hesitates to go when WOT. And then the end of first gear and second gear it bounces the RPM's between 4000 to 5500 RPM without accelerating. I don't know what fuel pressure I am running cause I don't have a fuel presssure gauge. I don't really have any place to put one, besides that 's not the problem.
Any help would be wonderful with the hesitation / RPM bouncing. As I said, it only does this when it is warm.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownEscalade
Hey I was wondering what kind of FPR do you rum with a Radix Supercharger? I am having problems with my Caddy with the Radix kit. And I have read that maybe it could be my FPR or one of my fuel pumps (in-line or in tank) When the engine warms up, it hesitates to go when WOT. And then the end of first gear and second gear it bounces the RPM's between 4000 to 5500 RPM without accelerating. I don't know what fuel pressure I am running cause I don't have a fuel presssure gauge. I don't really have any place to put one, besides that 's not the problem.
Any help would be wonderful with the hesitation / RPM bouncing. As I said, it only does this when it is warm.
stock.

MAF F-ed up? Oil from your air filter on it? Intake tube on good and tight? No leaks? Clean your MAF real good with a NON-Lubricated electrical contact cleaner. Drown it.

Have you messed with your tune? no ses light? have you checked for non-ses codes (speed sensors)?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

give us a lil more info on what u got? any codes thrown yet?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

whats the boost at??
Old 08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

have you ever had your tune checked on that thing? you keep coming back with problems that seem tune related

try going to Google and typing in Wester's Garage, they are somewhat local to you and a reputable GM EFI tuner with a dyno - it sounds like tip-in knock retard down low and possible rev limiter too low/ tranny slippage up top.

I didn't think there is a FPR on the return fuel systems? guess I'll have to look... but I certainly doesn't seem like even that would be your problem, usually when the FPR goes south you have trouble starting the motor first.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

The fuel pressure reg. is in the bucket in the tank. I think it is pre set at 55# . At least mine is on an 06 truck.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:17 PM

not on his. he's a 2003. post 2003 it is on the bucket. Doubt the fpr is the problem, but just to clarify...return systems have a regulator to send unneeded fuel back (return) to the tank. they are vacuum/boost regulated, when he gets into boost, it doesn't send any back...just pours the fuel into the rails.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

I got no check engine light coming on. I thought about going to Wester's but don't wanna spend $800-900 for a new tune if that ain't the problem. I thought it wound be something to do with the fuel. Because it only does it when it warms up. When she's cold, she runs perfect. I thought it may be one of my fuel pumps. I was told you could get problems like this if the inline fuel pump warms up then it doesn't pump as much starving the motor. Maybe I am wrong, but it's kinda pissing me off. I thought about bringing it to Southgate Pontiac Hummer dealership here in Edmonton. They install Radix Superchargers at the dealership.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlownEscalade
I got no check engine light coming on. I thought about going to Wester's but don't wanna spend $800-900 for a new tune if that ain't the problem. I thought it wound be something to do with the fuel. Because it only does it when it warms up. When she's cold, she runs perfect. I thought it may be one of my fuel pumps. I was told you could get problems like this if the inline fuel pump warms up then it doesn't pump as much starving the motor. Maybe I am wrong, but it's kinda pissing me off. I thought about bringing it to Southgate Pontiac Hummer dealership here in Edmonton. They install Radix Superchargers at the dealership.

Take it over to Campbell Automotive and have them check your tune. I talked to the folks at Southgate and they have been getting Nolan at Campbell to do some of their tuning. Get a 2 bar tune like I did and improve your mileage!

Just a thought
Old 08-23-2006, 07:50 PM

unless you have changed your tune and then the problem came about, i seriously doubt it is in the tune. the warming up does make you wonder, but if you have a radix stock tune, it isn't go be the issue. go through the sensors make sure they are good to go befor eyou spend tons of money throwing on stuff. you didn't mention if you cleaned your maf.

if you have a place that does the radix installs all the time, then once you eliminated the easy stuff then i'd resort to going there, only becuase they are familiar with the FI install, not because the radix or it's compenents are causing the issue.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Regulator