FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Cons on any turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Igles
yeah sweet, what kit do you have? im tryin' to decide between a IC radix and IC turbo, both are going to be around the same price.

are exhaust leaks common with so much tubing goin to the rear with the sts?
i know ive seen they come with seals and what not but will they last over time? or am i going to have to be replacing them every so often. so far the front mount is looking good.

STS with ebay intercooler.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was thinking about leaving my cats on there....how much am I leaving on the table HP wise by doing that?

WJ Mark.....I have kept myself up to date on what you have done....you are my role model!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only real down side I see the the rear mount is the return oil pump. Not that I have EVER had a problem (with my kit which is 2.5 years old), but it could go out and cause some head aches on a long trip.
Everyone covered about everything else but maybe the fact all the Radix guys will hate you for having a rearmount.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Couple of months com'mom. The kit has been out longer then that. And there is alot more then just a couple out there. ggggggggggg's.

The sts stuff has been around for awhile and that would be expected they would have more kits on the market, there for more of their kits up for sale to upgrade or move on to other things.
1000 kits well get there one day, one kit at a time.

I never meant what I said in a bad way but I've only known about Trick kits since use became a sponcer on here a few (6-8 ) months ago, and since you don't brag about every sale, it hard to know how many you have out there. I think you have a great kit and will sell lots of them.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Lets put it this way.We are a STS dealer and have been since they came out. I ordered the Trick kit instead and to me it was a good choice.
Install is very easy.Alittle more work to add an intercooler but not hard.
I would say there is very little to no lag.With the stock converter I could get 6lbs of boost on the brake.Full spool on a locked converter was 2k rpm.My truck made 450rwhp at 7lbs of boost with straight 93 octain.The motor held 14lbs no problem but the tranny didn't.It was fun with this Avalanche leaving 100' of posi marks at 40mph though.

New tranny setup(4L80) should be here in a week or so.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:58 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
STOCK 48 -

It was nice to finally meet you yesterday. Hope you liked goin for a spin in my truck, the patch we layed by my shop is like 75 ft. long ,lol. can't wait to see how yours runs with the bigger turbo!
Nice to meet you too. Thanks for taking me for a ride. I was impressed with your truck . Trans shifts good too. Feels like low 13's - high 12's to me. Those marks were kinda narley. Alot of peaple don't under stand how fast that is up hear. Stock those trucks will only run low 17's! ANYONE WHO DOUBTS ME CAN BRING THERE **** UP HEAR, AND GO TO THE TRACK WITH US! Then we can go hang out, and drink your sarrows away.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:11 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by stock48
Nice to meet you too. Thanks for taking me for a ride. I was impressed with your truck . Trans shifts good too. Feels like low 13's - high 12's to me. Those marks were kinda narley. Alot of peaple don't under stand how fast that is up hear. Stock those trucks will only run low 17's! ANYONE WHO DOUBTS ME CAN BRING THERE **** UP HEAR, AND GO TO THE TRACK WITH US! Then we can go hang out, and drink your sarrows away.

Thanks Dude! soon as you get your kit and on the new truck we need to hit the track! Lookin forward to see how yours turns out.

Mark
Old 09-14-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Turbo's suck,expecially the Trick Kit. The stupid thing made too much power and blew my tranny in 2 weeks flat

There is no downside on a properly installed turbo kit that is tuned right.Except the power that strains the driveline
yeah, I hate running 18psi on a stock block and making dumb power. Damn built driveline.

Rick
Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
Thanks Dude! soon as you get your kit and on the new truck we need to hit the track! Lookin forward to see how yours turns out.

Mark
I can't wait to get out to CA so I can work on it. The turbo should be there by the time Im there. Is yours speed dynsity, or mass air? I dont think I say a MAF?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Still running the MAF

Quick Reply: Cons on any turbo kits?