FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Caution With House of Boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caution With House of Boost

So up front had some issues with them. Side note once working great stand alone designated drive kit for the procharger.

That being said they will probably **** it up in more ways then one.

It all started with the guy being unfamiliar with the kit due to just buying the shop. Ok got it. he sent me pictures from the install booklet and it answered my questions. It looking up right. So the kit is for a 03-06 btw. When i go the kit he had sent the wrong harmonic balancer. Ok contacted him he sent the correct one quickly.

Then i got to the injectors. This is where the 03-06 kit comes into play. Nope they were EV6 not EV1 so i had to buy adapters. **** my life right another delay. Had to order them myself even though they where wrong style. Found a set on ebay or amazon 30$ in the end.

Next i had an upgrade to the Red Race valve. The surge valve was normally hooked up. but since i had the upgarded i had to go get it tig welded up since i dont own a tig(need one bad). yeah 150$ for that to.

Lastly and my biggest ******* complaint is that i ordered a D1SC with helical gears. Just sold the kit after 2 years and only 5k on it and the guy that bought it opened it up and its not helical.

So was it and honest mistake or did this guy just pocket the money from me since iv never owned a procharger. personally didnt think it was to loud. But was a bit suprised at the sound with the hood open. Honestly at the time i didnt think i had the skills to open it up. Now i have rebuilt a few turbos cant be any worse then that.

Dont look like helical cut to me!!!

Dont look like helical cut to me!!!

Helical noise reduction +100$ right there in the order.

Yup so double check there ****. in every way possible. Guess a call to procharger and a data plate check would have been good.

This is why i will do a full fab on my next build. no more of this prefab bullshit from companies.