FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Another Front Mount Turbo Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecamaroz28
Anyone has a picture for Trick A/W intercooler? Where does it fit?

Nelson has Optional Air to Air Intercooler for $950.00 while Trick offers upgrade to a Air/Water Intercooler for $1,400.00.

What do you guys recommend to go with for daily use on stock 6.0L motor, for now..It's 2003 Silverado RCSB, and some towing of Ib2800 race car on a light weight trailer.
Daily driving, I would do a the air to air set up. We are just about done with our air to air set up for all trucks. Still tweeking what size we want 3" 3.5 " 4.0. Not sure. With 54" min. and 72" max of air flow air, these should give very very little pressure drop and still drop temps very nicely.

For those over the top heat days, you can do a water mister over the core to aid in removing heat more, or add water meth.

Rick
Old 06-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Daily driving, I would do a the air to air set up. We are just about done with our air to air set up for all trucks. Still tweeking what size we want 3" 3.5 " 4.0. Not sure. With 54" min. and 72" max of air flow air, these should give very very little pressure drop and still drop temps very nicely.

For those over the top heat days, you can do a water mister over the core to aid in removing heat more, or add water meth.

Rick
That's cool. What's the price for the A/A IC.

Where does the A/W IC fit? Do u have a picture?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts

Rick

Just an idea to share with you, I have a set of Twin 10inch Electric fans on my Front mount and they keep my IAT temps at never more then 20-30 degrees above ambient (usualy 85-97 here in Florida) and thats constant!!!! Just hit the switch and away i go...
Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default humm

30 hours later !!!! ... I am just days away at this point ! Yes i do have my trans cooler now mounted under the bed ... its a Perm A cool unit BIG ... 21x10 with a 1200 cfm fan NOT very easy to mount on a RCSB truck.. I will take pics but i will also say its not easy or fun.. I have about 15 hours in this only because i wanted it to be pretty near perfect and i still feel like its only about 95% but its pretty damn nice !! and I refuse to spend about 2 hours bending brackets over my head I didnt use a self tapping screw I removed the factory heat sheilds under the bed/ truck and mounted everything with factory bolts ( torx head with ton of locktight on them !) At this point I only need to fab up the drivers side pressure pipe, oil drain back, mount for BOV , wastegate and boost controler different water pump to reroute water lines into and out of the turbo.... the everything back off clean polish de burr new gaskets and re assemble ... Next up project 370
Old 06-21-2007, 01:12 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Woah, great work, I am gonna wait for some pictures sounds like a lot of work but intreagued to see how it turned out! What's with running water to the turbo?? You mean oil lines no?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

probably a liquid cooled turbo. Most factory turbo cars are oil lubricated and water cooled.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is the trick turbo kit the same sold by Nelson Performance?

http://www.nelsonperformance.com/ft_MountTurbo.htm

What about Turbo-Zone's Street-Zone kit for trucks?

http://www.turbo-zone.com/

Ask DenaliHD what he thinks about Turdo-Zone! im sure you will get an ear full.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:03 AM
Banned

Anyone has a picture for the A/W intercooler from Trick Performance? Where does it fit?

Also, what's the price for A/A IC from Trick? It's not included with the base kit.

Last edited by bluecamaroz28; 06-23-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone has a picture for the A/W intercooler from Trick Performance? Where does it fit?

Also, what's the price for A/A IC from Trick? It's not included with the base kit.
What year model truck. Here is a pic where we laid one ontop of the engine. The evap has to be move for it to fit. We still have the prototype of this unit if you like it can make a sweet deal. The 07 truck the cooler is in a different place.

The air to air mount under the truck and uses 2 8" fans to draw air though it. Right now we only have one that works with eletric fans. We can dial you in customer fan shround that fits a 34" radiator and uses 2 14 inch fans if you need to. The turbo outlet gets aimed straight down, the uppipe comes up in the middle right in front of the water pump pulley.
Pricing on the air to air complete with couplers is 950.00.

Rick
Old 06-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Truck is 2003 Silverado RCSB. Where is the water tank and circulation pump for this A/W IC? To me it doesn’t look that beautiful.

Since you recommended A/A for DD, I must ask is the A/A placed behind the front air dam under the front bumper, like Livernois or Nelson setup.

Thanks for sharing pics and info with us.

Last edited by bluecamaroz28; 06-23-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Front Mount Turbo Truck