PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FORCED INDUCTION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/)
-   -   Adding No2 to Maggie setup, who can help? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/adding-no2-maggie-setup-who-can-help-469798/)

schino 10-03-2010 06:38 AM

interesting about the bearings. i wouldnt think it would be an issue because you will only be spraying at wot and that blower is going to be very hungry for air so i could imagine that fuel will be ripped through there so fast it wont have time to affect anything. besides the old 6-71 guys push fuel through all day. its part of what keeps things cool. i couldnt imagine their bearings are any different then these but i could be wrong. wondering if they are just covering thier asses. as far as meth goes spraying under the blower i thought about when there is vacuum in there will it draw on the meth? or is there some sort of check or solenoid to prevent flow

kbracing96 10-03-2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by schino (Post 4551956)
interesting about the bearings. i wouldnt think it would be an issue because you will only be spraying at wot and that blower is going to be very hungry for air so i could imagine that fuel will be ripped through there so fast it wont have time to affect anything. besides the old 6-71 guys push fuel through all day. its part of what keeps things cool. i couldnt imagine their bearings are any different then these but i could be wrong. wondering if they are just covering thier asses. as far as meth goes spraying under the blower i thought about when there is vacuum in there will it draw on the meth? or is there some sort of check or solenoid to prevent flow

Devils Own sells a check valve for meth that has a 18psi cracking pressure. That's 36in of vac so it will never suck meth into the motor when not spraying, but the pump has no problem pushing past it. I have 2 meth nozzles post TB and they don't leak meth. ;)

Blownme 10-03-2010 08:30 PM

Found this article interesting regarding adding nitrous to superchargers. Hopefully the link works.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Utilizing-...nce&id=2542586

TrickTurbo 10-03-2010 08:59 PM

You have to remember blower companies
don't like nitrous companies. And vise versa.
When an issue pops ip with warranty and the customer says he was using meth or nitrous to help the blowers heat issue.
That is an out not to warranty the issue.

Also this was several years back. I had to show a customer what 100 hp worth of fuel really looks like. Just to prove to him there was not enough liquid there to Jack to any bearings. Lol. It would scare most people to see how little fuel you use in a 12 second pass.

The old saying back when I was heavy into designing nitrous and working with every day. " pill it tell you kill it ". ;)

TrickTurbo 10-03-2010 09:21 PM

Ok read the article. Some good data and dome old school crap data.

Fuel does not can not fall out of the air stream. Also backfire have nothing to with fuel but lugging the engine and stalling the air flow. Why you ask?
Well some how some were some way that mixture ignited. Now were do you think that came from. It comes from the cylinder camber.
Air flow in an na system is over 200mph. But when people hit large shots at low toms the air flow in the intake system stalls/stops for a moment. That's weird time were the guy says it hit and it felt weird right before the booooom. :). This is why it is so important not to hit large shots at low rpms.
The nitrous you inject preblower replaces the air coming in. Post blower it is adding to the air already there.

Boosted cars have a much lesser chance of this backfire happening because of the rotors spinning making boost.

So start small and run a good window switch, with a tps or a wot switch. No push buttons.

Now when a backfire does happen na it sucks. You just lit an air fuel bomb off.

1slow01Z71 10-03-2010 09:23 PM

Way back in the day(6ish years ago) 2toneblown sprayed a 150 shot through his radix, most hated sprayed a 150 shot on his radix/LQ4 combo. Dewey has sprayed a 100 shot on his. There are a fwe running big shots just got to know where to look ;)

I plan on using a dry nitrous kit on my radix too. Im not sure how that will work since I also plan on using E85 and Ive only got 60# injectors to run and a cammed LQ4 with a 2.8 pulley will be using every bit the injectors can give...

From the little bit that Ive read on nitrous on top of blower tuning(mainly asking the people who are running it) is a lot like tuning NA as far as reducing timing.

The guys who run nitrous on top of their radix's seem to have a real nice kick in the pants from it :D

Blownme 10-03-2010 09:46 PM

I just posted it because I thought it was interesting of how it was saying that the shot of nitrous raised boost and therefore added more power than the shot was set at, 50 shot turned into a 75 shot etc.etc.etc..

Anyway it seems that a dry shot before the blower would yield greater results?
Also I'm not really concerned with warranty just the added power. I think a big 100-150 shot would be nice. I did'nt know most hated and others sprayed that much through theirs. I'm interested in learning more about their results.:)

Oh and Trick I sent u a PM.

TrickTurbo 10-03-2010 09:54 PM

The larger the hit the bigger the differnce if feel and temp swing.

Exp. 50 shot on a 450hp truck you might not feel. The % of power increase us rather low. As well as very little tp drop.

Now 150 is a much
larger % of gain.

150 is a blast on na set ups. In a blower. I bet it gets your attention real fast.

200 shot on my old 671. Took a 8 lb setup and pegged a 15lb. Gauge the moment I hit it. Was a freaking rush.

Looking at getting a blower set up for the test truck. :)

Blownme 10-04-2010 01:46 AM

I've been doing some searching and it seems that if you run lower boost you can run a bigger shot of nitrous maybe? So say u run a pulley that gives you 7-8 pds of boost this would keep the blower more into it's efficiency range.

Then you could run a big shot like 150 and that would also up the boost a few pds and still keep efficiency from the cooling effects of the larger amount of nitrous? Seems like it could be a win win situation to me, keeping the blower in it most efficient range and the added blast from nitrous. I don't know I could be totally wrong:(. Just something I'm considering unless I change my setup:burn:

swift700 10-05-2010 11:36 AM

So what's the consensus? Is Nitrous safe for the impellers?