FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

AC belt jumping

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC belt jumping

So Ive had this problem for quite some time but it seems to be getting worse again. My AC belt tends to jump off when I let off quick. Ive been better about it and just try to let off easy instead of snapping the throttle closed. But I went the to the track on friday and when I pedaled it off the line Im guessing once again it jumped off (I didnt notice i had no ac until today). I have a new tensioner and a new gates belt. Has anyone else had this problem? I guess I could try putting a different brand tensioner on it but I think like 1.5 years ago I got a AC delco one

Admin can move if this should go into one of the other sections but I didnt know if other turbo guys have this issue
Old 09-24-2017, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easy fix. Get a 2010 up truck AC "stretch" belt. throw your tensioner away and put the Stretch belt on. this is assuming that you have a truck. Guarantee you wont throw it. Buy the cheap stretch belt install tool.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wondered if that would work, I didnt know if they would take the same length belt
Old 09-25-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep, I used to have my ac belt come off all the time with a WOT blast or hitting the rev limiter. Replaced the damper pulley, tensioner with good AC Delco, new belts and still did it! Ditched the tensioner and put a stretch belt on it and has never came off since.