FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2012 Burb - gutless - help a ford guy out

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Burb - gutless - help a ford guy out

This thing is gutless... completely gutless.

Looking to add Magunson blower and TSP longtubes/catted y-pipe with factory cat back.

Can flex fuel still work with the blower? I <3 E85
How much can I pulley down?
Any other upgrades "while i'm at it" on the blower setup? heat exchanger?
Upgrade the air box worth it with the blower or use the factory one?
Looking to get Alex at Peitz Performance Tunes to tune it.

Anything else I should know? This is the family truckster, Spouse and 4 kids. Not looking for a race truck, just something that will get out of it's own way and pass on the highway and still be rock solid reliable.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Yes flex fuel will work but you are limited on power because of the fuel pump. On pump gas they normally support 550whp give or take. E85 will be 30-35% less because of the added fuel flow that is required. If the blower kit comes with new injectors they need to be large enough to support E85 as well.

You will need a real flex fuel sensor if you are serious about using E85 too. The stock flex fuel sensor is not real, it's a virtual sensor that takes reading from the airflow models and o2 sensor to guess at the alcohol content. It's very inaccurate and to use the flex fuel enable tables in the computer you need a real sensor that can report real time alcohol content readings.

Stock airbox is great but it has it's limits. You can gut the airbox to allow more airflow intake.